Wister Sucks, but Not the IV

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
I've gotten all the reports how bad duck hunting has been at Wister......Just had to see for myself.....Well, many of the best 'fowlers I know blanked or only got a couple......I got 1 and was out of there by 8:30 am......You know it's bad when nobody and I mean nobody, duck club, freelancers, or otherwise, don't shoot till 5 minutes AFTER shoot time!

What never disappoints is the Imperial valley for the upland game bird hunter......Lots of walking, driving, and scouting produced 2 beautiful roosters, 5 gambel quail, and 5 mourning doves......Even had time to deer hunt on the way home.....Just couldn't find the right MCC buck......lol

.020.JPG 023.JPG 030.JPG 157.JPG

Way to turn around a show day! I stuck it out until about 1 yesterday at wister waiting on the wind that was forecasted but never came.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wister still sucks.......lol......But did pick up another rooster & a couple of doves......Would've had another rooster, if knucklehead (Trigger) wouldn't flush 'em at 60 yds......lol

ps.....Think the little 16 gauge isn't deadly?......This is the breast of a 35 yds shot with 15/16 oz. steel 4's.

.004.JPG 017.JPG 018.JPG

I got one if those yesterday as well Stevo.

23313d1130c7b8dfddeac5d561ee0089.jpg

Ducks, or geese, aren't here really yet either, but we didn't find two spots that they are at...

6f0dcb40ef646b2b6bb04910ddd2e784.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Great going Nick & Mike.........I really do love hunting pheasant.

And Nick, anytime those birds want to head south, we're ready............lol

Last edited:
Reactions: jpeck1984
Great going Nick & Mike.........I really do love hunting pheasant.

And Nick, anytime those birds want to head south, we're ready............lol
Steve... there seriously isn't anything here. I think we still have at least another week.

I think our birds go down to TX and NM though...

There sure are a lot of those green heads here though... damn park ducks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu