X9A harvest report/ 6 for 6

TopBuck

I despise granola heads!
Aug 1, 2011
No Big one to report but it was a great hunt, my buddy Tom shot a 4x2 on the opener, I seen 5 bears that day and missed a 40 yard shot (Duh) my brother shot a goofy 4x4, my son shot a 4x3 in the jaw, I passed on a heavy 24" 3x2 and ended up shooting a smaller 3x2, we filled 4 out of 6 tags, the two left (my nephews) are still hunting the BIG one because they live in the zone.
My 3x2 and Tom's 4x2 my son Tyler's 4x3 and my brother Steve's 4x4

Attachments

• IMG951665-1.jpg
    IMG951665-1.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG953855-1.jpg
    IMG953855-1.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 270
  • tyler.jpg
    tyler.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 421
  • steve.jpg
    steve.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 387
Re: X9A harvest report

Awesome! you may need to resize the pic's.

Looks like some awesome country to be in. Nice work Tim. Thanks for sharing.

:) :) Great pics!!! That looks like a beautiful place to hunt! I've put in for it 3 yrs now and havent drawn. Next yr will be the year. Good job guys, beautiful bucks, beautiful country! :)

Wow ! Nice pile of deer! You guys sure know how to get it done.

Looks cool up there may need to try it out in the next year or two

Thanks all

Jose, if you have three points you will get drawn for sure, unless you put in with a party and they have less. Good luck!
P.S. Buy a bear tag and hunt high!

Thanks for the info Topbuck! maybe thats my mistake, I always put in with different parties every year. Since i dont know where to go, i put in with different friends that have gone. But next year im only putting in with one guy only. He knows where to get em, and he has 3 points also. I will be buying a bear tag also. Thanks for the info ! :) ;D 8)

Buck #5 was shot today by my oldest nephew Brandon, not the 30"+ monster that he had seen earlier in the year but he thought it was when he pulled the trigger,still the best buck so far, only one tag left from the party of 6.

Attachments

• Brandon X9A.jpg
    Brandon X9A.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 72

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu