Dove season count down! 0 more days!

Re: Dove season count down! 48 more days

Opens on a Tuesday too.........Maybe they'll be less people out there blasting away the day before the opener........ :-[

should be good for you guys. I'm seeing lots of action around. oh and the norm of every year I guess, looks like some rain is around the corner should stir things up as usual :).. good luck to all, respect my backyard if you hunt down here (the IV) and pick up after yourself (as most of you do already). Lets not give the farmers more reasons for them to rent out there land to private hunting only. just a thought...

ivhunter said:
... respect my backyard if you hunt down here (the IV) and pick up after yourself (as most of you do already). Lets not give the farmers more reasons for them to rent out there land to private hunting only. just a thought...
Absolutely. Good call.

cant wait I was forced to miss last dove season so im extra excited for this one already went and bought some shells because it always seems like they go up in price right before dove season.

Actually out in El Centro the Wal-Marts out there have had a better price right before the opener......In fact, Frank at Sportsman Catering (Wister) is selling cases of Kent lead for $50.00 per case right now......Best price around and they're Kents.

Man I am fired up and cant wait for the 1st. Hey guys quick question my wife got me an upland hunting vest but it has a good amount of hunters orange on it...if i took this dove hunting will it kill my chances of any doves coming near me?

Ricky12ga said:
Man I am fired up and cant wait for the 1st. Hey guys quick question my wife got me an upland hunting vest but it has a good amount of hunters orange on it...if i took this dove hunting will it kill my chances of any doves coming near me?

Yes.

Ricky12ga said:

About the only place I use blaze orange is while pheasant hunting......Get yourself a dove belt.....Remember it's probably going to be hot.....The less cloths the better on top.....Under 10 bucks at Wal-Mart.

ps.......Any shooting belt will work. Just add a 2nd pouch or shell holder.

.http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=14&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CG4QFjANahUKEwiWuO-x6unGAhVBpIgKHcNBDQ8&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.walmart.com%2Fip%2FMossy-Oak-Dove-Belt%2F37370416&ei=xfmsVdbBNsHIogTDg7V4&usg=AFQjCNFLpVVGwjk9nkCA1zBPqJ6KjYmETw&bvm=bv.98197061,d.cGU

Re: Dove season count down! 43 more days

Now 43 days left! Can't wait...

ilovesprig said:
...Remember it's probably going to be hot.....The less cloths the better on top.....Under 10 bucks at Wal-Mart.

ps.......Any shooting belt will work.
I learned that the hard way last year. I used my turkey vest, but it was very hot. In the off season I got a nice shooting belt on special at Fine Firearms. Much nicer for hot weather.

After last year i don't think I will hunt opener anymore. People have no respect. Had 5 guys get between me and my 2 buddies ended up hunting with less then 10' between each hunter. Every bird we shot they said they shot it to. Really put a bad taste in my mouth. I definitely wouldn't want my son down there on opener. Most of my buddies had similar experiences last year a lot of it probably had to do with it being on a holiday though. Lots of good memories hunting opener as a kid though nothing funner then a good dove hunt with your friends.

Happens up by me too. People just drive around looking for trucks and go park and creep up on you. Lots of people hunting right next to houses and not following the guidelines. Sure makes it sketchy for those of us who hunt more than 1 day a year. Still, I'll be at my favorite spot EARLY in my turkey blind, full ghillie, scent eliminator, and #4's ;) Let's do this!

8SteelTown said:
Happens up by me too. People just drive around looking for trucks and go park and creep up on you. Lots of people hunting right next to houses and not following the guidelines. Sure makes it sketchy for those of us who hunt more than 1 day a year. Still, I'll be at my favorite spot EARLY in my turkey blind, full ghillie, scent eliminator, and #4's ;) Let's do this!
Lol can't imagine how hot it'd be in a blind in full ghillie in the IV on Sept 1st.

SurfNHuntSD said:
8SteelTown said:
Lol can't imagine how hot it'd be in a blind in full ghillie in the IV on Sept 1st.

Lol no kiddin!

Great info guys, Ill be going out for dove season for my first dove hunt ever. Ill be sure to stay away from any other trucks/hunters as I can only imagine how much of a pain in the %$# that is. All my buddies are still "lagging" on the hunting course so if anyone would enjoy company of a newbie to dove hunting, and will to put in the foot/hand work to help out, count me in! ;)

If you scout some and get to know the IV, there are always places to get away from the crowds......You can also be near the crowds and actually not competing with them......Mourning doves fly into feed areas normally at dark-thirty. Get in that flyway early away from the crowd. They normally fly quite low........Doves also have a nighttime and daytime roost area......If you can find their daytime roost, you can wait for them there......Dead trees, palms, and wildland near fields are always good choices......Owning a dove spinner is a huge help as well on getting birds to change course too......Remember, you don't need many opps when they're right on you...... ;)

38 days................IV grand slam (mourning, white-winged, Euro, & rock doves)................... ;D

Attachments

• IMG_0126.JPG
    IMG_0126.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_0115.JPG
    IMG_0115.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 378

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu