Dove season count down! 0 more days!

Re: Dove season count down! 22 more days

ilovesprig said:
Gallodeoro said:
I can't wait until the 1st! Nice pics, is that a benelli supernova?? i'm picking mine up in a few days.

20 gauge Benelli M-2

Thats awesome...my wife just got her supernova, we cant wait for the 1st to come around...were hoping we have a good first dove season...hope to see you guys out there.

Re: Dove season count down! 15 more days

Yup, stepped outside this morning and it just felt like dove season is upon us. that humid sticky morning wind felt just about right. ;).. Good luck guys, birds are flying should be awesome.

I'm heading up to Shaver Lake at the end of the month and will be there until the 3rd...I really don't want to miss opening day so I'm trying to find somewhere to go hunt (even if its an hour drive or so). Anyone know anywhere my buddy and I can go hunt dove around Fresno/Clovis CA area? Thinking of stopping by some of the orchards and seeing if I can get permission from some of the land owners to hunt.

Lots of doves seen this morning on Wister......How about these nesting Euros......One on top of Rick's house and the other on top of the welcome to Wister sign..... 8)

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    954 KB · Views: 34
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    980.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    997.2 KB · Views: 33

its that time of year again, im coming down with something, cant eat, cant sleep, im getting close to cold sweats. i stay up all night looking at maps, checking and checking my pile of stuff in the garage floor... ammo? check, shot guns cleaned and oiled? check. the list goes on.

yup! ive got dove fever.!!!!! :)

see you all out in the field. be safe, remember the new steel shot rules where applicable and dont be shy to stop and say hi if you see our big blue super duty crew cab out in the valley. We cant make opener but we will be in the big IV sept 4-7th. especially if you have teen age kids im sure yours and mine would like to meet other hunting kids. If it gets too hot and you need a place to cool off stop by the calipatria inn and join us at the pool.

good luck gsp... i'll throw into the pot also.. if any of you guys get into some kind of trouble, get stuck in a ditch or flat tire and need some help give me a call I live down here and wouldn't mind helping a fellow hunter out. pm me for info

That's a fair offer. Same for me I can pull just about anything out if need be. But I do pray no one needs any help just safe fun.

Re: Dove season count down! 12 more days

Lol. I got the early season fever too! Going to blast some clays this weekend to be sure my leads accommodate a 40 mph target. Cleaned the 870 and ready for her to do some work. Getting teased all evening with flyby's through my community but keen on spotting and hearing. Think we're all ready to kick this season off with a BANG! Good luck to everyone and remember to stay safe. Lots of crazies out there who only hunt once a year for dove and don't have the same respect for safety and state laws.

dove opens tomorrow in mexico..... ill have some dead white wing and morning pr0n on sunday for you guys

8SteelTown said:
Lol. I got the early season fever too! Going to blast some clays this weekend to be sure my leads accommodate a 40 mph target. Cleaned the 870 and ready for her to do some work. Getting teased all evening with flyby's through my community but keen on spotting and hearing. Think we're all ready to kick this season off with a BANG! Good luck to everyone and remember to stay safe. Lots of crazies out there who only hunt once a year for dove and don't have the same respect for safety and state laws.

Great way to practice shooting at birds is to take your shotgun into your backyard and pretend you're shooting birds that fly by......It will give you the correct shooting angle and if you have a snap cap, you can actually pull the trigger when you feel you have the correct lead......You can also do the same thing with just your index finger.....Pull in in front and squeeze..... ;)

ilovesprig said:
8SteelTown said:

Great way to practice shooting at birds is to take your shotgun into your backyard and pretend you're shooting birds that fly by......It will give you the correct shooting angle and if you have a snap cap, you can actually pull the trigger when you feel you have the correct lead......You can also do the same thing with just your index finger.....Pull in in front and squeeze..... ;)

I do that on the daily brotha!

Re: Dove season count down! 8 more days

Home stretch........................... ;D

Attachments

• dove opener 9-1-11 040.JPG
    dove opener 9-1-11 040.JPG
    589.3 KB · Views: 32
  • dove opener 9-1-11 035.JPG
    dove opener 9-1-11 035.JPG
    641.5 KB · Views: 26
  • dove opener 9-1-11 029.JPG
    dove opener 9-1-11 029.JPG
    951.1 KB · Views: 31
  • dove opener 9-1-11 034.JPG
    dove opener 9-1-11 034.JPG
    669 KB · Views: 28
  • dove opener 9-1-11 012.JPG
    dove opener 9-1-11 012.JPG
    265.9 KB · Views: 30

steve... La Pasadita spot, great food and they open before sunrise.

2:09pm weather update.. storm clouds seem to be building towards the south and west side of valley.

I hope it doesn't rain any closer to the opener. The first time I ever went dove hunting a few years ago the day before it rained a few inches and the streets were partly flooded and I only had flip flops which don't help all with traction in the mud lol and I tripped on the first bird retrieve and got covered in a mixture of mud and cow crap it's no fun being covered in that stuff. Also don't be scared to scout and hunt for euros. Just be careful you shoot the right kind cuz the dfg will be everywhere down their in the days leading up to the opener.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D16hunter said:
I hope it doesn't rain any closer to the opener. The first time I ever went dove hunting a few years ago the day before it rained a few inches and the streets were partly flooded and I only had flip flops which don't help all with traction in the mud lol and I tripped on the first bird retrieve and got covered in a mixture of mud and cow crap it's no fun being covered in that stuff. Also don't be scared to scout and hunt for euros. Just be careful you shoot the right kind cuz the dfg will be everywhere down their in the days leading up to the opener.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Luke, it rained a little the night before the opener a couple years back........... :D

Attachments

• IMG_4034.JPG
    IMG_4034.JPG
    223.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4050.JPG
    IMG_4050.JPG
    456.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4048.JPG
    IMG_4048.JPG
    321.8 KB · Views: 27

steve... I remember that night, fun times in the valley. reminds me when dad would take us as kids to Coolidge, Arizona to visit family and we get storms like that every afternoon/evening.

Re: Dove season count down! 7 more days

7 days and counting!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu