Dove season count down! 0 more days!

Re: Dove season count down! 43 more days

561ccfd7ad9bb9fe93160d04b381f0d3.jpg

Can't wait. Hope my favorite hay bale is still there.. not sure if I can get the 1st off though.

Shade is very important..................... :D

Attachments

• dove 2010 028.jpg
    dove 2010 028.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 40

37 more days until dove season officially kicks off!

Attachments

• Dieter2015sept2nd.jpg
    Dieter2015sept2nd.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 41
Re: Dove season count down! 37 more days

Well that'll be fun, but in the meantime I have a pig and a bear to find! ;)

Trying to decide between Cocopah and El Centro at the moment. First time for the opener that far south but I just can't bring myself to Blythe for another year- food crops are non existent and the last several years have been rough. Any push for one over the other? I'm hunting the opener and then headed back with my son for the weekend.

HH,

Welcome to SCH.......Well, the shooting would most certainly be better at Cocopah, but I'm guessing El Centro is closer.....I think for just a morning hunt I'd do EC.......Then again you're going back with your son, so might as well bite the bullet and pay the Indians. It will be much better in Arizona/CRIT, I think after a weeks worth of shooting in the IV......2cents

Re: Dove season count down! 34 more days

I appreciate the advise, I'm leaning on Cocopah. The drive is further but the permit is good for the season- I've got a dog and a 9 year old so the possibilities for quail are a bonus. Its hard moving spots though- I've hunted blythe for 20 years but the production has waned as they've transitioned to cotton and away from milo/melon as a whole.

We will give it a shot (literally).

Yep - 43 more days left!

Hobbyhorse said:
I appreciate the advise, I'm leaning on Cocopah. The drive is further but the permit is good for the season- I've got a dog and a 9 year old so the possibilities for quail are a bonus. Its hard moving spots though- I've hunted blythe for 20 years but the production has waned as they've transitioned to cotton and away from milo/melon as a whole.

We will give it a shot (literally).
Fantastic. 9 is a great age for him to be hanging out w you and your dog as you work together. I don't have a hunting dog but the more I watch hunters who work with their dogs, the more i appreciate the bond they share. That's good stuff for a young-un.

Re: Dove season count down! 15 more days

drove around the valley and saw lots of dove action this morning, looking good for you guys!!

Re: Dove season count down! 30 more days

Less than a month away! 30 days and counting!

Re: Dove season count down! 28 more days

28 days left. Hunting season is about to start really kick off!

Re: Dove season count down! 28 more days

Heck mine feels like it never stopped

Re: Dove season count down! 22 more days

Well...22 more days until dove season!

8)

Opening day is such a blast.......Especially for anyone new to the game (Jacob's 1st dove)....... ;D

Attachments

• IMG_4054.JPG
    IMG_4054.JPG
    276.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4055.JPG
    IMG_4055.JPG
    359.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4064.JPG
    IMG_4064.JPG
    526.9 KB · Views: 36

I can't wait until the 1st! Nice pics, is that a benelli supernova?? i'm picking mine up in a few days.

Gallodeoro said:
I can't wait until the 1st! Nice pics, is that a benelli supernova?? i'm picking mine up in a few days.

20 gauge Benelli M-2

Been scouting the last few weeks. For my local area, just like last year... seeing dove everywhere. Eating in fields, meeting/warming on rocks, flying neighborhoods... all the good signs.

Now half of my spots have been bought out and fenced off w/ no trespassing signs. Going to be a VERY concentrated number of hunters local to me. Just can't foot the bill to drive down to I.V. every weekend during dove season. Especially with all the birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, football season, blah blah blah.

I have a week of vacation for the opener and will be doing a.m.'s and some p.m.'s and hope the masses wait till the weekend! Still can't get duck'n off my mind :(!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu