Dove season count down! 0 more days!

Re: Dove season count down! 7 more days

Looks like it's going to be a nice cool 105 in my area next Tuesday with no chance of rain pretty excited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Dove season count down! 7 more days

Two days of scouting and few birds seen (maybe weather related)......Really sad how many of the old trees and building are being torn down in the IV (mid-day roosts)....The Euros were thin yesterday too..... :(

Still excited about the opener though......Very traditional...... ;)

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    820.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    989.9 KB · Views: 24
Re: Dove season count down! 6 more days

They say the rains should ease up heading into the opener, hopefully that should bring em back. I'm trying to get down there Sat for a scout, maybe drop a line in a canal too.

Re: Dove season count down! 6 more days

Birds are no different than BG some days they are out others not so much.......keep the faith they will be there

Re: Dove season count down! 1 more day

It's here boys & girls....Low flying early morning mourning doves are tough to hit and having friends near by can be quite dangerous......Be aware of your surroundings and shooting lanes BEFORE the 1st shot...If in doubt...DON'T SHOOT....It's only a dove.....Be especially careful with new or young hunters...Their will to shoot sometimes beats out better judgment... :(

Have fun and be safe....... ;D

ps.....Wear safety glasses, if your around others.....Every year someone loses an eye..... ???

pss....I know many wear ear protection....I don't....And the reason is while hunting I want to be aware both visually and audibly what's going on around me.

Good luck guys, If you see a gray 84 cj7 out there stop by and say hello. I be out in the morning for a few hours before work and back out in the afternoon. Once I have my dove meat I will refer to the other thread on how to cook my dove.

ilovesprig said:
It's here boys & girls....Low flying early morning mourning doves are tough to hit and having friends near by can be quite dangerous......Be aware of your surroundings and shooting lanes BEFORE the 1st shot...If in doubt...DON'T SHOOT....It's only a dove.....Be especially careful with new or young hunters...Their will to shoot sometimes beats out better judgment... :(

Have fun and be safe....... ;D

ps.....Wear safety glasses, if your around others.....Every year someone loses an eye..... ???

pss....I know many wear ear protection....I don't....And the reason is while hunting I want to be aware both visually and audibly what's going on around me.

good advice Steve

For ears get the soft plugs but don't put them down your ear canal like you normally do you can still hear but it still provides enough protection to save your hearing.

Or just don't clean the wax out.....

Eye protection is always good

ivhunter said:
Good luck guys, If you see a gray 84 cj7 out there stop by and say hello. I be out in the morning for a few hours before work and back out in the afternoon. Once I have my dove meat I will refer to the other thread on how to cook my dove.

see you there Rick

Ghost

Anyone can also say hello if they see a gray tacoma with camper shell, always good to be friendly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Why don't we meet up for breakfast/lunch after the morning shoot?

I'll be south of the 8

Ghost said:
MJB said:
Why don't we meet up for breakfast/lunch after the morning shoot?

I'll be south of the 8

where and at what time? Tuesday?
I also will be south of the 8

Ghost

11:00-11:30..........Golden Corral?.........Big rooms, normally plenty of space........ 8)

.http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDMQFjABahUKEwi619XfqtTHAhUL04AKHQPFC6c&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yelp.com%2Fbiz%2Fgolden-corral-restaurant-el-centro&ei=VtDkVbrUBIumgwSDiq-4Cg&usg=AFQjCNFF4iIfqSi5uFy76g-owlfJPX5VTQ&sig2=tTl8KJEZHjH0y1CkndqIgg

Was hoping for something better than cafeteria food......

Yes I'm going tomorrow

Don't forget only 10 white wings for your 15 bird limit and leave a wing on......

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu