13 days out, ca. Sheep/mulie bow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but the bios just confirmed the herd is dispersed due to water and feed over 60 sq. Miles. This will be a grind.

Reactions: sportyg
Yes, but the bios just confirmed the herd is dispersed due to water and feed over 60 sq. Miles. This will be a grind.
If you pay cash ..the guide will take you to the secret spot. ..I know I would pay cash. .you got this dude. Finish.

Reactions: popeyoung13
While I know it's a different hunt, and more animals. I was told weeks ahead of time because of all the rain there are more places for the hog to water and feed, which means they will be spread out more in smaller herds. And sure enough that was the case, plenty of hogs, but in smaller herds than normal. The guide service I used has 310 sq. miles at their access. First day, no tag soup. Your guide will know where to locate them, That's why he gets the big $$$$$$$$$. No tag soup for "13". Just a thought, you might want to change that number.

Last edited:
I would sleep in on opening morning and wait for the guide to call when he locates my ram. Or... show up with my bow only and have a real sheep hunt. Piece of cake. Ed F

Last edited:
While I know it's a different hunt, and more animals. I was told weeks ahead of time because of all the rain there are more places for the hog to water and feed, which means they will be spread out more in smaller herds. And sure enough that was the case, plenty of hogs, but in smaller herds than normal. The guide service I used has 310 sq. miles at their access. First day, no tag soup. Your guide will know where to locate them, That's why he gets the big $$$$$$$$$. No tag soup for "13". Just a thought, you might want to change that number.

Amen. Every hunt I go on seems to present some challenges. Fire smoke, other hunters, unusually hot, rain, dry year, wind, the list goes on..... Find a way to make it work for you and keep on pushing forward.

Please keep us updated here sence the guys on the slide were too harsh.

Can i get a pic of the altimeter when you reach the ultimate 12k. Oh and dont be like those mountaineers who left the sherpa for dead on K2. I like sherpas.

The guys on the SLID are extremely brutal. the post, "Ethics in hunting, the story of my once in a lifetime buck", by dram lama, as he got referred to, had 3500 responses, virtually all attacking him.

Reactions: AMBUSH
They all must be professionals?...like 1 or 2 large mammals under there belt...no thanks!! I'm baby stepping my way over there . Don't wanna get tossed to the wolves!! Everything is made for love fellas. Only so many heartbeats...gotta enjoy um while we can .

The guys on the SLID are extremely brutal. the post, "Ethics in hunting, the story of my once in a lifetime buck", by dram lama, as he got referred to, had 3500 responses, virtually all attacking him.

That was freking the greatest thread. He deserved some of it and went along like a rok star to apparently come out victorious, unlike someone. Got to love the great meme wars. If you cant laugh at yourseft why are you posting on the internet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu