1st bird for #2!

just_ducky_1

Aug 17, 2015
Oceanside, CA
Kids had two days off so I took off from work and headed up to Kansas. Bad bad drought, windy as ever, turkey numbers lowest I’ve seen in years. Don’t get out much but didn’t want to miss it this opportunity.
First day after 12hr drive, 1st sit after late arrival and early wake up. Didn’t really have a plan and just were going to hunt/scout this morning and get better plan for afternoon hunt.
Found some turkey in a bottom. One long, couple jakes and a hen or two. Jakes come into decoy at 20yds, I told him to shoot and we could double and have awesome father son moment. “I’m waiting for the Tom, dad.” Ok, but I’m anxious and it’s his hunt. He waited and when the Tom came into view with the Jake decoy he half strutted and came right to where jakes were standing and where my son had his bead locked on.
“You better shoot that th…. BOOOM!”
6 or 7 back flips from the king and the coolest quote ever “I just baptized him with lead”.IMG_8900.jpegIMG_8900.jpegIMG_3301.jpegIMG_8898.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Outstanding!! I love. Kansas!! Strong work buddy! Kids really are great!

Congrats that is the way it’s done. I’m heading back to the farm next week might have to get a tag

Kids had two days off so I took off from work and headed up to Kansas. Bad bad drought, windy as ever, turkey numbers lowest I’ve seen in years. Don’t get out much but didn’t want to miss it this opportunity.
First day after 12hr drive, 1st sit after late arrival and early wake up. Didn’t really have a plan and just were going to hunt/scout this morning and get better plan for afternoon hunt.
Found some turkey in a bottom. One long, couple jakes and a hen or two. Jakes come into decoy at 20yds, I told him to shoot and we could double and have awesome father son moment. “I’m waiting for the Tom, dad.” Ok, but I’m anxious and it’s his hunt. He waited and when the Tom came into view with the Jake decoy he half strutted and came right to where jakes were standing and where my son had his bead locked on.
“You better shoot that th…. BOOOM!”
6 or 7 back flips from the king and the coolest quote ever “I just baptized him with lead”.View attachment 58383View attachment 58383View attachment 58385
Nice! Great bird. Bigger target then those pheasants.

John

Awesome, congrats !

Get that printed on a t-shirt...
"I just Baptized him with lead".

I wear xtra large

Hot Damn!!! That's awesome Justin! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Proud Dad moment for sure.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu