1st Poults 2016

Re: 1st Poults seen Today....4-27-16

those are some great pictures! went around flagstaff AZ with some locals friends this season to get my first turkey. calling and talking to them a lot, just never had one come in close enough.. easy to say i am not ADDICTED to turkey hunting

Re: 1st Poults seen Today....4-27-16

Pretty good morning of counting poults......As few as 1 and as many as 12 with 2 hens.....I've been told that the counts around Henshaw are really good.....Next stop, next week.

A few pix from today.

ps......Strangely, I never saw a deer this morning.......Well, except this unfortunate young buck.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    530.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    540.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    877.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    913.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    873.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    882.5 KB · Views: 22
Lots of reports of some pretty good brood survival......Keeping fingers crossed.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    710.3 KB · Views: 7
Saw several hens and about 25 - 30 poults flocked up by the Hideout restaurant across from Henshaw last week. Hope some of them come up the hill. Haven't seen any big numbers like that up our way. Lots of grasshoppers near the highway 76 & 79 intersection

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu