2022 NWTF TTU ROLL CALL

Hmm was thinking about driving the car up, may have to bring my truck instead if the snow is still on the ground:)

Hope the roads are clear and I don't need chains to get up the mountain from Palm Springs, 74 & 76 are both open on my end hoot.:cash-gif-emoji:

Last edited:
This is mod on my Benelli..... don't over think it!IMG_20210327_115445.jpg
And no they don't run when they lose their head......only the skin was attached 25 yrds

Last edited:
Reactions: 180ls1
I had a great time at the turkey tuneup today. A lot of good information was shared for a new turkey hunter like me. I appreciate all of the effort that went into making this event such a success and in raising funds for NWTF. Steve, I appreciate the info you provided me about choke and ammo selection. I will put it to good use. Thanks to all of the volunteers, sponsors, and organizers!

I love the turkey tune up....if only I was closer ..good times for all!! Great job fellas.

Reactions: MasonP
I had a great time at the turkey tuneup today. A lot of good information was shared for a new turkey hunter like me. I appreciate all of the effort that went into making this event such a success and in raising funds for NWTF. Steve, I appreciate the info you provided me about choke and ammo selection. I will put it to good use. Thanks to all of the volunteers, sponsors, and organizers!
!00% agree, and it was great meeting Steve today

What a great event!...Thank you all for attending, to the volunteers, NWTF, and those that gave generous donations...Getting 700 folks together that have a common goal and a want to learn about our beloved wild turkey...It gives me a great sense of gratification...Even better was the look on kids faces hearing turkey calls, and having their names draw for a Lake Sutherland hunt...They are our future... :heart:

Next Saturday (March 5th) is the drawing for the best hunt of the year...The 11th annual Paul Connor Youth mentored Turkey Hunt on the Santa Ysabel East Preserve...The youth hunter MUST have his or her hunting license and join or belong to NWTF (insurance)...Hope to see those smiling faces next week...The tab for this event is picked up by NWTF San Diego chapter... :blush:

ps...Otto is the man... :joy:

What a great event!...Thank you all for attending, to the volunteers, NWTF, and those that gave generous donations...Getting 700 folks together that have a common goal and a want to learn about our beloved wild turkey...It gives me a great sense of gratification...Even better was the look on kids faces hearing turkey calls, and having their names draw for a Lake Sutherland hunt...They are our future... :heart:

Next Saturday (March 5th) is the drawing for the best hunt of the year...The 11th annual Paul Connor Youth mentored Turkey Hunt on the Santa Ysabel East Preserve...The youth hunter MUST have his or her hunting license and join or belong to NWTF (insurance)...Hope to see those smiling faces next week...The tab for this event is picked up by NWTF San Diego chapter... :blush:

ps...Otto is the man... :joy:
Great job today Steve and all the volunteers and vendors. Was there a definitive ticket count? We must have beat last year's number by a bit. Also seemed like folks were more fired up this year.. and spoke with a lot of new turkey hunters that are excited to learn and get out there. Awesome event.

Great turn out yesterday..if you bought general raffle tickets there's a 50% chance I sold them to you! So nice meeting most of you..

Man this is trully a one of a kind event..its amazing that we can get that many people together for a hunting organization in San Diego county..regardless if you've never hunted or seen a wild Turkey or if you've been chasing them for 20+ years..let alone in a place where there are wild turkeys 50 yards from where we held the event..

Saw the biggest Turkey I've ever seen that morning and then another group of 7 toms before the gates opened for the tune up..

Thanks to everyone who helped put the event on.

20220226_063758.jpg
20220226_070319.jpg
20220226_070328.jpg

Attachments

• 20220226_070227.jpg
    20220226_070227.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 8
Jason,

It seems we're right around 650 paid...That doesn't include small children and folks like myself... ;)

Stefanie did win a raffle price...It just happen to be a bag of stuff I had donated...Jacob came within a whisper of buying a new Civil knife (sponsor) at their both, but didn't...In that bag of stuff that Stef won was the exact Civil knife...Jacob was pretty happy about that... :blush:

Just one more shout out to all the folks that donated to the event and helped make it what it was....Lake Henshaw Resorts, Willow Creek Archery, Right 2 bear, Civil Ware, Diamond Environmental, Bolsa Gunsmithing, Defiant Arms, Turner's Outdoors, Peak 2 Sea Outfitters, Chris Marso Co, Flydown Custom Calls, Motherlode Calls, Lake Henshaw Cafe (they also own Pancho Villa's in Julian), Julian Pies, The Hamburger Factory, Miller Bros Outfitters (pig hunts), and Western Outdoor News... :clap:

Now, pray for rain...So, our turkeys continue to prosper...:heart:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu