2022 NWTF TTU ROLL CALL

Cash is king!

I'll be at the shotgun range bring your eyes and ears if you can!
Also bring some non turkey loads if you have a new gun or site.......those turkey loads are expensive to waste

Thanks Mark,

Yes, bring your own, if you have them...We will have some as well...

Turner's in San Marcos has Hevi-Shot turkey loads...40+ per box of 5...Bring light lead or steel, it will get you the feel of shooting at turkey and the idea where your gun is shooting.

Reactions: MJB and sportyg
For all you youngsters attending....CASH is paper or metal that has monetary value....Bitcoin will not be accepted........... :joy:

It's going to be a fabulous day...Can't wait to meet many of you....... :blush:

.turkey hunt 5-6-12 (3).JPG

Last edited:
Oh and don't forget your Turkey choke if you plan to pattern your gun like I did last year...

Will there be a foam Turkey archery target like last year?

Would puppies be welcome? And if so will range be area be far enough that I won't have to worry about it making her gun shy?
Very cute might result in untied shoelaces. Would be 10 weeks.

Would puppies be welcome? And if so will range be area be far enough that I won't have to worry about it making her gun shy?
Very cute might result in untied shoelaces. Would be 10 weeks.

Steve,

All dogs are welcome...This event is outside...The shooting will be down near the bottom of the campground and big top tent.... :blush:

Reactions: SteveHazard
First time doing Turkey, should I go full choke or buy a choke?

Also, how many turkeys can we shoot?
(Kidding)

First time doing Turkey, should I go full choke or buy a choke?

Also, how many turkeys can we shoot?
(Kidding)

Anything will kill them, if they're close enough...My daughter has shot a plain Benelli full 20 gauge for years with Hevi-Shot 6's...Kills them pretty dead inside 40 yds.

Last year, I shot one with that same 20 with a Carlson's turkey choke and TSS #9's...DOA

I would personally recommend a turkey choke (lots of good one's out there) for turkey hunting...And as far as ammo, nothing better than TSS #7's or 9's... Hevi-Shot blend is a close 2nd.

.IMG_6920.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu