2022 Rabbit Season

Rocks???? maybe if Grouse were the size of tom turkey at 5 yards.
Haha, it's definitley not an easy task but if the Indian woman in Jeremiah Johnson can do it it I figured I could too lol.

In another life I also got paid to throw little white round things with red seams so this type of thing comes naturally.

Last edited:
My buddy who is a local biologist says they got hit hard last year with disease. Wiping something like 60 to 80% of population out. It was really bad down by border.

My buddy who is a local biologist says they got hit hard last year with disease. Wiping something like 60 to 80% of population out. It was really bad down by border.

Image result for cottontail disease in san diego county ca
Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease Virus 2 infection

Deadly virus detected in two more wild rabbits in San Diego County. Wildlife officials have confirmed Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease Virus 2 infection in two desert cottontail rabbits found dead in the Cañada de San Vicente Ecological Reserve in Ramona.May 4, 2021

Reactions: TRICER and JakeSCH
View attachment 54724
Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease Virus 2 infection

Deadly virus detected in two more wild rabbits in San Diego County. Wildlife officials have confirmed Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease Virus 2 infection in two desert cottontail rabbits found dead in the Cañada de San Vicente Ecological Reserve in Ramona.May 4, 2021

Yep, my buddy lives on and manages that property for the department.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu