Afghanistan anyone

Investment in training and weapons for the Afghanistan military and for what? They ran away so fast.
Waste of money.
That country will never prosper. They drive in war and radical religion so be it.

For many centuries other countries have tried to take over the country and install their form of govt. only to fight prolonged wars which get them nothing but a lot of dead on both sides. In the end, they all give up the fight. All the while, the bad guys sit back in their caves patiently waiting to fill the vacuum left by the fleeing invaders. History will go on repeating itself time and time again.

Bush, Obama, Trump, Biden, all failed the people over there.
I disagree. Those people don't know another way. They are living the way they always have and more than likely always will. We went in there to kill bad guys, which we did. At that point we should have left and let the rest of them go back to their Stone Age lives.

Reactions: Muley Buck
The withdrawal had to happen, but this was the greatest planning and intelligence blunder since WW ll. There is a right and wrong way of doing things and this was the worst. I don't know what the hell the military brass was thinking when they went along with this timetable. Leaving all that military equipment, most probably will be sold to Iran or Pakistan. Once we got Bin Laden we should have slowly begun the withdrawal of personnel and equipment. We need to stay the hell away from nation building and trying to export democracy to corrupt primitive countries which don't want it. Not worth US lives.

Damn shame for sure but I knew this would happen and it is just like Viet Nam. The indigenous people don't have the will to fight and that is why it fell so fast. I am saddened by the fact that so many Americans went over there to help and their lives at this point were lost or altered forver in vein. Afghanistan a tribal country and probaly will be forever. It is known as the graveyard of empires for a good reason. History has shown this outcome forever. I feel sorry for the peaceful folks who live there that now will be subject to the brutality of the radical muslims that will enforce sharia law.

The withdrawal had to happen, but this was the greatest planning and intelligence blunder since WW ll. There is a right and wrong way of doing things and this was the worst. I don't know what the hell the military brass was thinking when they went along with this timetable. Leaving all that military equipment, most probably will be sold to Iran or Pakistan. Once we got Bin Laden we should have slowly begun the withdrawal of personnel and equipment. We need to stay the hell away from nation building and trying to export democracy to corrupt primitive countries which don't want it. Not worth US lives.
I agree with you. For anyone who wants to hear what should have been done, find the interview today on MSNBC with Brian Williams and Army Vet. Matt Zeller. He knows this was a complete blunder and goes off on Williams about his comments about Biden owning it. There were plans to get out over a period of time but instead he order a fast withdrawal, then when he was made aware of his blunder he sent 5000 troops back in to try to protect not only American lives, about 10,000 still there, but,,Afghan people who helped us. No body will ever know what would have happened if Trump were still on office but, we know this was a blunder and it's on Biden.

The generals and Biden administration are too busy fighting for transgender rights and rooting out white supremacy....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It was time… I lost my brother to this war 18 years ago. It changed my families life forever as it has many Americans. As I watch the US finally pull out and End this war I’m not gonna lie, there is a small feeling of closure for me. It was never gonna be a pretty ending and there was never gonna be a perfect plan. Reality is will be back there sooner than we think unfortunately.

To add to what I wrote a few minutes ago it came to mind that I trained a dog for a Marine that lost both his legs above the knees and left arm above the elbow in Afghanistan several years ago. He was strong minded and seemed not to hold much anger but I am pained to wonder what he is thinking right now. I hope he is O.K. This kind of outcome is what troubles me most when I think about those that served.

• Sad
Reactions: ilovesprig
If they tell us in the next two or three years we have to go back to stabilize the region, we'll know this was part of a long game to keep us fighting wars, spending money, and feeding the industrial-,military complex that Eisenhower warned us about.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It was time… I lost my brother to this war 18 years ago. It changed my families life forever as it has many Americans. As I watch the US finally pull out and End this war I’m not gonna lie, there is a small feeling of closure for me. It was never gonna be a pretty ending and there was never gonna be a perfect plan. Reality is will be back there sooner than we think unfortunately.
Thanks to your brother and to your entire family for your sacrifice. Very sad.

We subsidized the war that chased the soviets out of Afghanistan back in the 80's ( which by the way is when and where Osama Bin Laden got his start) Why did we do that ? because we were trying to stop the spread of communism. I think there are other things going on here policy wise. Think about it we have been serving peace keeping missions in asia and europe since the end of WW2. Why not in Afghanistan ? My thinking is it leans towards that there is nothing there for the rest of the world to capatilize on. I think that is foolish as we as a world are so connected in many other ways. I am concerned that Afghanistan will once again become a breeding ground for exxtermists that will take there agenda to other parts of the world. Time will tell...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu