All dogs go to Heaven

Man that sucks. The reward for having a good dog is a broken heart in the end. Very sorry, I think most of us know how hard this is.

Reactions: sportyg
Godspeed Jake..... Say hi to Tia and winda for me

Prayers sent, toughest part of having a pet is that you know they go before you, but the joy they bring while they are with us far outweighs the heartbreak. I think every day about my departed pets and I smile and that heals my heart. I'm sure your memories will get you through it and when its time get another. I have come to the point in life where I have realized they at least equally and maybe more important than our fellow human friends. How many times has your best friend laid on top of you at night and you smiled ?

God speed Jake..hate this stuff...brings back to many memories...uggh...as NBK said above.. lucky to have each other.

Reactions: GUNDOGLOVER49
I think they know. I wish they didn't, but I think they do. They sense it in us. :(
They know, I have seen it too many times when they have come to me and laid themselves down and surrendered and asked for help to move on. It's sad but part of the story we weave and is what it is. On the upside it is why we have and take care of the animal friends we love and how they steer our lives . Be sad but be happy as well. Life would not have been the same without them.

Please stay with him when the time comes it will make it easier on him, I know that is hard but he deserves your love as he passes on. So many people just leave their pet at the vets and they have to die alone it makes it harder for them to let go.

Please stay with him when the time comes it will make it easier on him, I know that is hard but he deserves your love as he passes on. So many people just leave their pet at the vets and they have to die alone it makes it harder for them to let go.
I think we owe it to them to talk and hug them through it and have seen the comfort in their eyes when they go in my arms, In rertrospect it has made it easier and better for me in the long run because I walk away knowing I have done everything that could have been done and given them the best that I could.

They need us there. Like I said, they know. It's hard, but it make it easier on them. I have held everyone till they were gone. Thank god it's real fast.

Have had several dogs over time but the best pet I have ever had own me was this guy, Yea not dog but he sure behaved like one. Followed me everywhere and came when called as well as a few tricks without being trained. He loved to catch his own meal (loved baby bunnies). His name was Tuna, lost him to old age (22&1/2 years) in 2019. He's the old guy on the left.. Everyone should have a once in lifetime pet... Had he been a little bit bigger I think he could have been a birdcat.

Attachments

• IMG_0227.JPG
    IMG_0227.JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 6

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu