Are you ready for some Ball ?

Bigfin

Apr 18, 2020
Dam football is finally here , something to look forward to in these dark times . Who's your team ? How long have you been a fan ? And whats your best memory ?

Unfortunately I've given up on the NFL.. first it started with the political crap, then the Chargers leaving town nailed the coffin for me.

Favorite memory's gotta be the wild card win in OT over the Colts in.. 2008? I was living in HI at the time and my buddy here tells me a couple days before the game that he got us playoff tix. So I took a red eye flight on Sat night, he picks me up and we head straight to tailgating from the airport. Game was awesome, not like the last few years with opposing fans.. all Charger fans making ruckus. We go to OT, Bolts win the coin toss and march down the field. Sproles took that handoff at the 25 and made a beeline for the end zone, and 60K plus fans went nuts. Place was mayhem and spilled to the afterparty at the bars downtown. Then we got curbstomped by the Steelers the next week I think lol.

Yep the politics ruins a lot . But man I just love Football even though its not the same with all the political BS and rule changes (pretty soon they'll be playing Flag Football) . I will still watch and remember the good ol days and good times as well as the bad times . It defiantly takes a lot of the luster out of it .
Man exciting game there Surf & Hunt , Darren Sproles wasn't he drafted outta K State ? BTW first NFL game I ever saw was at Jack Murphy back in 1980 !!! Great City , Great Game .

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I stopped watching the NFL, but it was traumatic brain injuries and not the politics. NFL is on a long slow glide path to decline, but still, Raiders! Any Premier League fans?

Names of felons on their helmets(already enough of them on the back of their jerseys)? Cowering to Marxism and faux social justice warriors. Slapping the face of all law enforcement and military members. I'm a lifelong Vikings fan, my favorite rivalry in all of sports is Sundays match up with the Packers but if I'm not hunting I'll head to a brewery with no tv.

Dam you guys are making me hate it more . Problem is your right . I feel if they cant honor the Flag and the Anthem then they should not even display it or sing it . Its Sacred it ours :mad:

Mud Pigeon Times 2 on the Vikings Purple People Eater for Life !!!

Names of felons on their helmets(already enough of them on the back of their jerseys)? Cowering to Marxism and faux social justice warriors. Slapping the face of all law enforcement and military members. I'm a lifelong Vikings fan, my favorite rivalry in all of sports is Sundays match up with the Packers but if I'm not hunting I'll head to a brewery with no tv.
Packer fan. Born in Wisconsin. Lots of good games against the Viks. I'll miss it but, F em.

Dam you owned a bait shop ?? Seems like the perfect job but probably hard to make a dollar with rent and all that . Did you have Guns ? Dont know what the margin is on them but it seems the higher priced items would be where you would make it at .

Sorry Bigfin but I to will not watch the NFL or other sports that disrespect our flag and country and will not watch any that support the BLM which is a Marxist organization. I was born and raised in Oakland and will miss my Raiders (pissed me off when they moved to Las Vegas) and will miss my A’s. But there’s so much out there than pro sports. I kind of hope the teams go belly up and the players go broke and have to get a real job, although I can’t imagine what they’d do. Maybe go back to street crime.

Dam you owned a bait shop ?? Seems like the perfect job but probably hard to make a dollar with rent and all that . Did you have Guns ? Dont know what the margin is on them but it seems the higher priced items would be where you would make it at .

Yep...Fun business and met a lot of great folks, but the worst investment I ever made...Tough to compete with the likes of Fed-Mart, K-mart, etc. (no Wal-Marts back then)...They could sell stuff cheaper, than I could buy it wholesale...Live bait kept me in business (mudsuckers, waterdogs, crawdads)...Never had guns.

.013.JPG

Saw a post the other day- I need a good auto mechanic, I need a good plumber, I need good grocery store clerk , I believe that.. I don't need actors or celebrities who through their own views supported by others and producers that just yesterday put forth guidelines as to how a film may get a academy nomination if they meet certain ethnic quota guideline's and as such I don't need them as well. Also I do not need and will not support overpaid athletes (all are) they live within a overpaid system and think their lives and stupid amount of wealth they make and lack of knowlege of history are useful to the rest of the world and in truth is shameful and harms all of us. Shame on them and their ability to be a celebrity and do harm like this. They do more damage to this country than any other faction, no truth just prejudice and effort to try and sway the public without honesty or knowledge. I'll say it again- whatever happened to news reporters like Walter Cronkite who told the truth on a daily basis and we could listen to and know we were hearing the fact's and not political spin.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu