Backpacking sleeping bag

5 girls 3 boys in my family. Girls slept in the camper, boys on the ground outside. My dad did buy us a Vietnam GI wall tent for the salton sea trips. I can still smell the canvas.... ahhhh. Ed F

I remember those nights as well...When kids were kids, and the men were feared...lol
Yes Steve times are changing fast. I had a kid in my Jr High group Friday night continually bully another boy. Finally the kid getting bullied had enough punched the bully good in the mouth and then put him in a headlock until we could separate them. Probably the best thing that could have happened to the bully but instead of his parents using it as a learning experience I had to deal with their excuses for why their son was assaulted and how it wasn’t his fault. All the while undermining me as the leader and everything I told them that happened.
The world is raising sissy’s and no kid can do any wrong. Problem is when those kids grow up eventually the world will punch them in the mouth.
I love making my boys suffer and pushing them a little further than they should go. And if my sons are bullying someone I would love for them to get punched in the mouth.
Sorry for jacking the thread.

Drew,

That's not jacking the thread...It's something that should be said.

Now back to the bag selection...This was last year at the San Carlos Res turkey hunting...20 degrees or less...Wal-Mart square bag (30+), Wal-Mart tent, Wal-Mart blow up mattress, and thin blanket...Never cold...I have always felt being off the ground is the key...Self inflating mattresses are good...Cot is better, if you can have it.

.019.JPG

Steve... you completely derailed the thread with that equipment. BTW, i have a spring turkey tag for the San Carlos rez... I don't know what a turkey looks like... Ed F

Ed,

Which period?...We did 2nd last time...Thinking 3rd this spring.

You guys are such pussys...This is my dad and my uncle Paul hunting the Scodie's in 1947...Hard wood board pack with a rolled up wool bag.

ps...My dad said it was the coldest night of his entire hunting life & would never do it again....lol

.View attachment 41277
The pictures you have , just a lost art

Ed, i turkied with the boys last year here in AZ..way different than Ca...harder than elk or deer ..we lost, We hate to lose..

Im going with a guy... says all i gotta do is shoot straight. So.... i gotta figure out how to do that. Ed F

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu