Nov 28, 2018
West Garden Grove
Did you hit bone GDog.?
Every deer I have shot with 308, 150 gn
Had a small entrance hole. Then
Would explode but would have an exit
Hole about 3-4 inches in diameter.
I always had an exit wound.
I have hit deer and dropped them on the spot.
The last deer I had shot with my longbow , 55 lb draw @ 28 inches.
Punched a small hole and shot thru
Both lungs and made an approximate
2 inch hole.
I have shot deer with 30-30, soft tip forgot gn. But would punch
Thru. Many times. Grand father's rifle.
Nice clean thru-and-thru.

Attachments

Apr 1, 2018
Thank you all for this conversation. I am definitely going to get a 30.06 now. Just feels like it’s more versatile and I will be able to use different grains for different species. Keep hunting and fishing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ocurtis

Dec 28, 2016
San Diego
Thank you all for this conversation. I am definitely going to get a 30.06 now. Just feels like it’s more versatile and I will be able to use different grains for different species. Keep hunting and fishing!!

It’s a great round, however my suggestion is to find one Versatel grain of bullet and use it for everything. Learn it, know exactly how it shoots in every situation. Otherwise, you need to learn how multiple rounds shoot, have multiple scope zero’s (every round will have different impact,) multiple drop charts, etc. and it will cost more as you will be buying more ammo

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
It’s a great round, however my suggestion is to find one Versatel grain of bullet and use it for everything. Learn it, know exactly how it shoots in every situation. Otherwise, you need to learn how multiple rounds shoot, have multiple scope zero’s (every round will have different impact,) multiple drop charts, etc. and it will cost more as you will be buying more ammo

Or you can just keep it in the fur...…...lol

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego

.30-06 kills stuff just fine. Finding ammo is easier too than the trendier cartridges. Why switch grains for different species? Find which weight shoots well and stick with it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk