Best BANG for BUCK?

Did you hit bone Larry.?
Every deer I have shot with 308, 150 gn
Had a small entrance hole. Then
Would explode but would have an exit
Hole about 3-4 inches in diameter.
I always had an exit wound.
I have hit deer and dropped them on the spot.
The last deer I had shot with my longbow , 55 lb draw @ 28 inches.
Punched a small hole and shot thru
Both lungs and made an approximate
2 inch hole.
I have shot deer with 30-30, soft tip forgot gn. But would punch
Thru. Many times. Grand father's rifle.

Nice clean thru-and-thru.

Attachments

• IMG_0228.JPG
    IMG_0228.JPG
    436.6 KB · Views: 19
Thank you all for this conversation. I am definitely going to get a 30.06 now. Just feels like it’s more versatile and I will be able to use different grains for different species. Keep hunting and fishing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all for this conversation. I am definitely going to get a 30.06 now. Just feels like it’s more versatile and I will be able to use different grains for different species. Keep hunting and fishing!!

It’s a great round, however my suggestion is to find one Versatel grain of bullet and use it for everything. Learn it, know exactly how it shoots in every situation. Otherwise, you need to learn how multiple rounds shoot, have multiple scope zero’s (every round will have different impact,) multiple drop charts, etc. and it will cost more as you will be buying more ammo

It’s a great round, however my suggestion is to find one Versatel grain of bullet and use it for everything. Learn it, know exactly how it shoots in every situation. Otherwise, you need to learn how multiple rounds shoot, have multiple scope zero’s (every round will have different impact,) multiple drop charts, etc. and it will cost more as you will be buying more ammo

Or you can just keep it in the fur...…...lol

.30-06 kills stuff just fine. Finding ammo is easier too than the trendier cartridges. Why switch grains for different species? Find which weight shoots well and stick with it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu