Buck Down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lungpopper said:
BuckHunter said:
And the work is finally over. Got him all processed and in the freezer. I am so sore from dragging that guy around and backing him out. Good thing I only got one.

WHEN IS THE PARTY

I had a butchering party last night, but nobody showed up. :D

TopBuck said:
Went 5 days without seeing a deer, then shot the first buck I seen in fear of going home empty (2X2). I should have waited, we ended up filling 4 out of five tags, one 4X4 (my sons) one 4X3 and two forked horns. No pics. to post yet,
I only have video.

Nice job in D7. I was just there 2 weeks ago and we didn't see one buck. Glad to see you guys had better luck. Can't wait to see your full report and pictures.

boogie said:
Great job Jim! Nice looking deer. This is Matt from the Utah trip. Haven't been out too much but did almost get a shot at nice forky on Palomar one morning before work. Will be up on Laguna a little later in season, possibly D-16 rifle season but with bow. Take care and good luck in the field.

Thanks Matt ! Good to hear from you, and Good luck.

Awesome Job Jim!!!!!!
Just like the story you told us in Utah when you got back to camp after killing that forkie,
Its like im watchin a movie!

Hang Him Proudly!!

That's how its done man!!! Outstanding work. Thanks for sharing the story and pics Buckhunter. DECEASED.....LOL!!! Very entertaining read. Nice buck too. I'm not so sure he belongs on the garage wall. Glad to see you went right back after them. You are a dedicated bow hunter.

Congrats!

boogie said:
Great job Jim! Nice looking deer. This is Matt from the Utah trip. Haven't been out too much but did almost get a shot at nice forky on Palomar one morning before work. Will be up on Laguna a little later in season, possibly D-16 rifle season but with bow. Take care and good luck in the field.

Nice butchering job man! you must be exhausted.....

Jeff McCabe said:
TopBuck said:
Went 5 days without seeing a deer, then shot the first buck I seen in fear of going home empty (2X2). I should have waited, we ended up filling 4 out of five tags, one 4X4 (my sons) one 4X3 and two forked horns. No pics. to post yet,
I only have video.

Nice job in D7. I was just there 2 weeks ago and we didn't see one buck. Glad to see you guys had better luck. Can't wait to see your full report and pictures.

Didn't you say you went in on mules? What pack station?

NBK said:
Nice Job Top Buck. Way to get it done in tough conditions. If you need any help with the video - We are more than willing to help you with some post production so everyone can enjoy.

Thanks NBK, but most of the film is the mule ride and fishing. I will post a few still shots I took of the bucks.

Here's a few shots taken with the video cam. Sorry for the bad quality.

The plan was to get some kill shots on film for the first time, but I failed.

Attachments

• Brandons D7.png
    Brandons D7.png
    167.7 KB · Views: 112
  • Tim's D7.png
    Tim's D7.png
    193.1 KB · Views: 125
  • D7 Tom,Tyler,Brandon,Steve.png
    D7 Tom,Tyler,Brandon,Steve.png
    362.9 KB · Views: 122
  • Tyler on Bella.png
    Tyler on Bella.png
    212.9 KB · Views: 124
Hey TopBuck, I just got back from doing the same D7 hunt a few weeks before you. We didn’t see one buck. I’m really interested in more details of your hunt. Are you going to do a formal post of your trip? Were they migrating yet? What pack station did you use? It sounds like you guys had the trip I was dreaming of all year. Instead we had an expensive fishing trip. We still had a great time but I gave up my Utah hunt to try this and now my freezer is empty. :'(

Sorry for the tread jack.

That was a good read of story that make me wanna learn to hunt bucks. Gonna check more infroamtion and learn to start my big game hunting. Thanks for sharing the story Jim.

:D

We had Venison for dinner 3 times this week, and the Utah buck is almost gone!

Now its my turn !

Sorry Bro, but after seeing all of these trail-cam pictures these guys have I don’t think your archery 2x3 will hold up for long. You had better get a bigger one if you want to stay in the game.

Jeff McCabe said:
Hey TopBuck, I just got back from doing the same D7 hunt a few weeks before you. We didn’t see one buck. I’m really interested in more details of your hunt. Are you going to do a formal post of your trip? Were they migrating yet? What pack station did you use? It sounds like you guys had the trip I was dreaming of all year. Instead we had an expensive fishing trip. We still had a great time but I gave up my Utah hunt to try this and now my freezer is empty. :'(

Sorry for the tread jack.

Jeff, I've P.M. you twice with info, check your messages.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu