CA Application Day!

I believe once the first season has started for a particular zone (should be archery), tags can no longer be returned and exchanged for that zone.

Reactions: Stikbrandon
I bought a D16 yesterday but hope to get an A22 leftover. What is the date when the leftover tags become available for purchase? Also, if I understand correctly, since I bought a D16 I am ineligible for the draw [want a muzzleloader tag for San Diego before I get an A22]. Thanks for any advice.

It let me put in for G13 on my first tag/choice then my second tag was just a purchase of D16.

I dont see why you couldnt put in for A22 1st then d16 for your second tag unless I dont understand something?

Last edited:
Can someone confirm. If a guy does not draw his 1st choice, regardless of the 2nd choice (premium or not) he will get a point even if he draws the 2nd choice tag.

Can someone confirm. If a guy does not draw his 1st choice, regardless of the 2nd choice (premium or not) he will get a point even if he draws the 2nd choice tag.
Cool thanks, not a huge deal just thought I could head somewhere else during AO

I was playing around with the system today to see what the total damage was gonna be, and it allowed be to both put in a draw app and straight out purchase a D16 as a second tag.
Thats what I did. Draw app for D14, 2nd tag straight purchase of D16

X12 (probably won’t be successful), D16, upland game stamp (in addition to the Idaho elk and deer tags I already purchased).
The GFs boss has a cabin in Idaho, has always said we can use it whenever. May have to check out where its located and see about an Idaho elk hunt one of these days

What happened to the Fund Raiser Draws?
I don’t have the details but I was told there was some sort of complaint or law suit about the sheep and elk tags because there are so few to begin with, and instead of fight it they got rid of them. If someone has more or better info feel free to correct me or fill in. I believe they still have them for deer.

I don’t have the details but I was told there was some sort of complaint or law suit about the sheep and elk tags because there are so few to begin with, and instead of fight it they got rid of them. If someone has more or better info feel free to correct me or fill in. I believe they still have them for deer.
I wonder why some would complain at an opprtunity to draw a difficult tag? However, I did notice that some groups, such as Wild Sheep, Cal Deer are able to obtain them as auction tags. Those go for big bucks. I wonder if money is the real issue?

I wonder why some would complain at an opprtunity to draw a difficult tag? However, I did notice that some groups, such as Wild Sheep, Cal Deer are able to obtain them as auction tags. Those go for big bucks. I wonder if money is the real issue?
Likely people upset tags were going only to the rich (who could afford to bid on them). Game is a public resource, and as such shouldnt be restricted to those more well off, or have those people be given a better chance to utilize a resource belonging to us all

Reactions: chrisamx
Likely people upset tags were going only to the rich (who could afford to bid on them). Game is a public resource, and as such shouldnt be restricted to those more well off, or have those people be given a better chance to utilize a resource belonging to us all
Auction and raffle tags produce a lot of money that goes directly to conservation. One or two of these for each species really increases funding over the regular license, application, and tag fees. It was also an “extra chance” to draw outside of the regular draw. Sad to see it go.

Auction and raffle tags produce a lot of money that goes directly to conservation. One or two of these for each species really increases funding over the regular license, application, and tag fees. It was also an “extra chance” to draw outside of the regular draw. Sad to see it go.
Yeah the extra money was great for the state, but I can also see where people would complain, take it to court, and cause more of a headache than its worth. A single lawsuit will cost more to litigate than the tags will have brought in, so cheaper to scrap it

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu