CA Application Day!

I bought one before I moved to Colorado 15 years ago, it was a great investment, no way would I pay non res fees to hunt D16. I just wish I'd have added the fishing license onto it.
Truth^ .I just checked...I'm 21 points in across the board...2023 is my year!! Been saying that for 21 years..thank the Lord for A zone and that little D zone nobody likes to hunt..I regret not getting the BIRD package..I hate myself for that one..

I was just reading the regs, doesn't say anything about the second season only says you can't hunt the C & X zones says it is good for all other zones. Hence I'm going to check with CDWF if get the correct info to be on the safe
If you have an AO tag, here are your Seasons. Going to be a hot July in A-zone.

Attachments

• 982F7930-AEF9-4AB0-B59F-DF888F7AF86A.jpeg
    982F7930-AEF9-4AB0-B59F-DF888F7AF86A.jpeg
    367.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Shit zone for sure.....way overrated.

California does not differentiate between residents and non-residents during all the draws... it's just when a non-resident draws a sheep or elk tag no other non-residents can draw one of those species. Up until then... odds are the same. Lifetime license only keeps you from paying non-resident license, deer and pig tag fees every year. If I were to draw a sheep tag I would still have to pay the non-resident tag fee... I'm good with that... Ed F
This isn’t a 100 percent correct
Deer NR and res are one in the same no split or quota between the two.

Sheep is up to 10 percent but but guaranteed, so up to 2 or 3.

Antelope and elk 1 tag for each species issued to NR for the whole state.

This isn’t a 100 percent correct
Deer NR and res are one in the same no split or quota between the two.

Sheep is up to 10 percent but but guaranteed, so up to 2 or 3.

Antelope and elk 1 tag for each species issued to NR for the whole state.
I stand corrected... the difference between what I stated and yours is ... possibly one extra nr sheep tag and the one nr antelope tag. I wasn't even thinking antelope... Ed F

I stand corrected... the difference between what I stated and yours is ... possibly one extra nr sheep tag and the one nr antelope tag. I wasn't even thinking antelope... Ed F
Yeah not much of a difference haha

Reactions: sportyg
Restricted this year and premium next year for both........I remember when you could buy either anytime during the season......I hate the internet sometimes

Reactions: sportyg
It was restricted in 2021 also, back to OTC in 2022, points will be burned, 168 points burned last year to hunt it. Someone burned 9 points on it and a few 8 pointers, most were 1’s and 2’s pointers though.

• Wow
Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu