CA D16 / A22 Seasons - Scouting - OnX Maps ?

Quick Update - I purchased the multiple state OnX 1-yr multi-state deal on Father's Day, only $59 . My buddy in Idaho sent me a couple of Pins already, where we will be elk hunting during Archery elk season in September. Looks to be intuitive so far. I'll be going out scouting locally soon, and will give it a test drive. Thanks to all for the tips on it!

Kenny,

Trust me...You're going to be amazed on what you'll find and see......One of the biggest game changers in the world of scouting/hunting....... ;)

Thanks!

Do you use mapping software like OnX? If you do is/was it accurate? This fence is off by about 200 yards at one point and I would really like to get to that point because its great for glassing.
I know a great glassing spot that matches that description to a tee. Wouldn’t happen to be in a town whose name starts with the letter D? Haha

Yeas but you need to put boots on the ground..what looks great on Onx might be not accessible...
Yeah I found out the hard way.

I had a experience , A land owner was claiming that we were trespassing , My buddy had ONX . ONX was showing us a passage in between two property's , we didn't argue ,just said sorry and left . The gentleman said , what ever we were looking at was incorrect and we should go . So how close can ONX get you to a property line , do you guys think it could find the location of each corner . My other ?? is how will it stand up in the courts , if perhaps the issue came along . Let hear your thoughts guys
I have observed that private property lines are sometimes displaced a small distance. However, not clear if adjacent property lines are displaced as well, especially when private property abuts public land.

OnX and a Warden made a landowner push his fence back about 40 yards in my zone. Landowner was trying to keep a active game trail all to himself.

There' no way onx or a warden made that happen.

Only a licensed survey and a law suit is making that happen. Maybe the dude wanted to avoid that, but onX nor game wardens have any say in property boundary disputes.

As a private landowner with no public boundaries other than a public road, I suggest you stay where you belong. I have onx, and like it, but its not any sort of legal accuracy. If your hopping fences based off onX be prepared to face the facts.. You can't cross onto private land, any sort of fence, posted or not, with out permission.

Of course I live in a county that still respects private landowners and the constitution.

Last edited:
Reactions: HATCHET1

Only a licensed survey and a law suit is making that happen. Maybe the dude wanted to avoid that, but onX nor game wardens have any say in property boundary disputes.

As a private landowner with no public boundaries I suggest you stay where you belong. I have onx, and like it, but its not any sort of legal accuracy. If your hopping fences based off onX be prepared to face the facts.. You can't cross onto private land, any sort or fence, posted or not, with out permission.

Of course I live in a county that still respects private landowners and the constitution.

Fact is historical fences and boundaries are permanent. Period.. A squatter has rights to your shit. Sucks if your in a dispute about your own property and your giving shit up, but none the less. You'll be hard pressed moving a fence and it won't be cheap.

Reactions: HATCHET1

As a private landowner with no public boundaries other than a public road, I suggest you stay where you belong. I have onx, and like it, but its not any sort of legal accuracy. If your hopping fences based off onX be prepared to face the facts.. You can't cross onto private land, any sort of fence, posted or not, with out permission.

Truth right here D16ers....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu