California Draw Results are up!

I’m just bustin your chops. It butts up against an X zone
Gotcha. I’ve never hunted SoCal so I am not familiar with the zones. He’s pretty excited so I’d better figure it out in the coming months.

I got D16 and now want to buy an A22. Where do I check to see if any A22's are leftover and if so, when can I buy one?

I got D16 and now want to buy an A22. Where do I check to see if any A22's are leftover and if so, when can I buy one?
On page two of this thread there is a list, i don't see any 22 left over. Sorry doc.

But i do see a shit load of AO tags left over to purchase.

going to J12 with my son for his 1st hunt
That was my first deer hunt back in the 90’s. That’s probably the best deer hunt in the state if you consider the dates. A big buck is a real possibility there, but make fun your first priority!

For those wondering about what tags are sold out and those giving advice about tag availability…. Read the big game book. The answers are all there. It’s pretty dull reading I will admit. Tag availability depends on what classification the tag falls into.

Reactions: ilovesprig
That was my first deer hunt back in the 90’s. That’s probably the best deer hunt in the state if you consider the dates. A big buck is a real possibility there, but make fun your first priority!

What a great draw....Used to hunt Chukar in the Round Valley/Rovanna area back in the 80's...There was no J-12 in those days...I saw some monster bucks and my old lab Jake love to chase 'em....lol

.Rovanna, Ca. 10-82.jpg

Wow. Just checked....4000 unique hunters
Not all of them will get out in the field either. Some may only go a weekend and others may spend 30 days out there.

It’s frustrating having that many tags available only to have a bunch not get used. Obviously, I don’t want to see 4000 people in the field but I want people that are going to hunt to have the ability to actually do so.

Last time I didn't draw a 16'er, I saw the biggest buck ever down here. Lol, I guess the rifle will be well rested this year.

For those wondering about what tags are sold out and those giving advice about tag availability…. Read the big game book. The answers are all there. It’s pretty dull reading I will admit. Tag availability depends on what classification the tag falls into.
CCA616D1-8227-4B1F-AAAF-BF4FCE5DC1DA.pngMaybe they changed it.
But they used to show premium and restricted leftovers with a asterisk.

I hope @Kellendv is right and DFG changed how they post the leftovers. I guess we will find out in July if there are actually leftovers

Dang I’m a point behind you chasing the same unit only reason I can imagine this happened to you is because a lot of the guys turned there tags back in when the state offered them to turn it back in due to the fires.
It’s been going up about a point a year for the last several years

Reactions: Stikbrandon
It’s been going up about a point a year for the last several years
I thought it was climbing about .5 of a point a year when I was looking over the numbers on go hunt that’s why I was chasing it because about the time that I was ready to hunt it I should draw it. I predicted a point jump this year with individuals from last year getting thrown back in the mix. I will double check because if it’s climbing a point a year I may not be able to catch it when I would like to draw it.

Reactions: Kellendv
Revised….
I called Fish and Game there are a lot of D16 tags leftover they will be available Aug 2 8am if you already have a premium tag or July 2 if you don’t have a premium tag.
Simmer down!! You will get your chance at a fork.

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu