Candy store score!!!!

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
With all the crap going on this is a ray of joy.

We headed up ortega hwy to the candy store. No parking and everything is closed. Crap what to do? So i found a local and paid him 40 bucks to watch my rig. Did the short hike and did our first set. In no time had a big tom working our set. Billy jr put his gun up and wham dead bird!!!!!
635628091178994151-Turkey-Hunting-Mistakes.JPG.jpg

Ps we saw some pig sign so heading up again this weekend

Last edited:
LOL....I think Ive seen this pic before...couple years back?? Always a good one.:clap:

EDIT: Good ol Billy Jr shot this back in 2015...I think it was in the same spot..Candy Store...

Did he pull a hatchet? lol jk @HATCHET1 ..

For the ones that don't personally know Aeon (like me) would of took this hook, line & sinker... I kinda see what @Snake Charmer said something about misleading rookie hunters.
But anyways cool thread.

Reactions: HATCHET1
Remember..i dont hunt, im not affliated with anyone who does nor do i know anybody who does..that being said, ive seen those hogs while ive been on a photo safari down in D16..(from the truck of course) those beasts are a little to ferocious for me..ortega highway is a gem .

I'll never be able to recreate the magic of the first april fools post. Wonder how many drove out to go look for them. I even got a pm telling me I'm a jerk for wrecking the pig hunting there. I'll have to be more crafty now

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu