Chasin Coues...

And another... apparently this is what all the hardcore ..serious hunters ..do now on Instagram and social media ..cause they are perplexed .. bewildered..and just really showing respect to the animal.. boys said I just need a Flathat and I could be famous!!!!!! Next time I get to shoot something..I'm Flat hatting it!!

What did I miss?? I got so caught up chasing girls that I missed this entire post! Solid coues for sure!! Congrats!

btw this pondering photo is my favorite! I need to get in on this photo game, at least i took 1 photo of my cow elk and even remember to set my rifle in it!

Used the 300 WM?

Reactions: HATCHET1
IG is full of Douchebags. Pretty sure half of them don’t kill what they lost that’s why they are never in the pictures.
Wish I was chasing Audad that was one of my favorite hunts I have been on. We caught the draw just right, before NM basically blocked non residents from hunting them in the good units.

Scroll above....you have missed alot..same rifle as the last 2 last week..big girl likes to bark.. Alot....shoulder hurts a little though....man I'm soft..
What did I miss?? I got so caught up chasing girls that I missed this entire post! Solid coues for sure!! Congrats!

btw this pondering photo is my favorite! I need to get in on this photo game, at least i took 1 photo of my cow elk and even remember to set my rifle in it!

Used the 300 WM?

IG is full of Douchebags. Pretty sure half of them don’t kill what they lost that’s why they are never in the pictures.
Wish I was chasing Audad that was one of my favorite hunts I have been on. We caught the draw just right, before NM basically blocked non residents from hunting them in the good units.
Bro..from what the boys show me..I concur...everyone has a big cock ..until it's time to show it.

And another... apparently this is what all the hardcore ..serious hunters ..do now on Instagram and social media ..cause they are perplexed .. bewildered..and just really showing respect to the animal.. boys said I just need a Flathat and I could be famous!!!!!! Next time I get to shoot something..I'm Flat hatting it!!
No way! that's not you and we all know it. Big smiles next to antlers and a gut pile is how all of us roll.. don't stop now...

Those IG hunters are an inspiration to all…I think hatch needs one. :p

I only took 3 photos of my elk, one where I found it, one with my gun and head on my pack, and a 3rd of the front shoulder (where I shot). I need to step up my game and take videos of the money shots.

Reactions: TRICER and HATCHET1
Those IG hunters are an inspiration to all…I think hatch needs one. :p

I only took 3 photos of my elk, one where I found it, one with my gun and head on my pack, and a 3rd of the front shoulder (where I shot). I need to step up my game and take videos of the money shots.
I don't film....but I do have 3 20 year olds and... A 23 year old that do... and are tech savy . And don't forget the 15"s on the tripod ..all day.. Im usually sleeping under a saquaro or mesquite...my eyes and blood pressure can only take a minimal dose of that stuff..stick and move....as long as there's a road...sort of ..LOL

I don't film....but I do have 3 20 years olds and... A 23 year old that do... and are tech savy . And don't forget the 15"s on the tripod ..all day.. Im usually sleeping under a saquaro or mesquite...my eyes and blood pressure can only take a minimal dose of that stuff..stick and move....as long as there's a road...sort of ..LOL

man I was running my 12x and my 15x on my elk hunt. Going to sell the 15x…probably sell my ZEISS RF’s too.

I think I am going to transition to 12x & spotter guy. Maybe check out that new gunwerks rangefinder.

Yup... in all truth.. I run 10 swaros... I one eye it on my swaro 20-60 spotting scope...just works better for me.. boys share a pair of 15s...works for them.. end result..just hunt man! Just a good year for us...we done on December 30th...then it's back to yard pimps and swine....lord..

Had 2.5 days to try and fill my tag as today is last day of season..rolled out Friday..hunted Friday..passed a decent buck..kicked myself in the ass for not hammering him.... Saturday..morning hunt was a bust..instead of sitting under a mesquite taking a nap staring threw the same stupid 15s all damn day..we decided to hike into a basin we had never been to..( I was horrified as it was 80 out and high noon)..but I got sucked into what I thought vwas going to be a death March!! Got to first ridgeline...as I was bent over sucking wind..I see a boy crouch..motion back to me( as I was at leastv100yds behind them) hands above head..expressing buck..I finally get there and to my delight ..there was a buck bedded in the some slight shade of a mesquite..I throw up the glass and insanity tell the cockblockers.."I'm shooting this buck.. fck off"...problem was he was 587..and I'm a terrible shot..after some banter and some other choice words ..I get settled..had to shoot off double packs with bi pod deployed...not ideal .but that dam terrain was not gonna let me go to my sweet spot which is prone...as you can see in your video..One and done..boys say .wow dad...you actually can shoot..I reminded them who the master still is and that they are still cockblockers...they had no reply...got to him at about 1.30 pm ..was pleasantly surprised as he was better than I thought...did a bunch of grip and grins..then just layed in the same shade bed the buck was in.. watched them go to work... sure was a good day...full circle if you will...I like Coues hunting...boys are ok too..
To be a lizard on a cholla to hear and see all that go down! Priceless, lol!

And another... apparently this is what all the hardcore ..serious hunters ..do now on Instagram and social media ..cause they are perplexed .. bewildered..and just really showing respect to the animal.. boys said I just need a Flathat and I could be famous!!!!!! Next time I get to shoot something..I'm Flat hatting it!!View attachment 52403
I found it, I shot it, now what????

Shoulda ..woulda..coulda...damn.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211203-101534~2.png
    Screenshot_20211203-101534~2.png
    1,016.8 KB · Views: 10

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu