Chasing Girls!

JakeSCH

Oct 16, 2017
December is tomorrow so that means the yearly girl elk chase is going down….passing through Vegas now.

338 is going to find a nice girl to make for her second victim. As my 5 year old son prayed before I left

“Dear Jesus, let my dad shoot a tender girl elk because that is what we like to eat. Amen”

Did it last month..trust me..it's good. Give it to her. Post her when you drop her..and the kid prayers are awesome..they work

Reactions: JakeSCH
Nephew has the Cow Tag at Fort Hunter Liggett for late December. We will see if he can get it done. It will be either my .30 06 or my brothers 7mm.

John

Reactions: TRICER
Nephew has the Cow Tag at Fort Hunter Liggett for late December. We will see if he can get it done. It will be either my .30 06 or my brothers 7mm.

John
Those two calibers have probably killed more elk than all others combined. I am curious how that hunt goes. Post up a report if you can after its over.

Reactions: JakeSCH
I spent a lot of time hunting the fort for turkey and pig. One turkey, 0 pig. I had a cow Elk come flying down the hill past me. I have no idea what spooked her but she ran until she was out of sight.

Reactions: TRICER
Got in around 3 o’clock, dropped gear off and got to a high spot to glass. Much warmer weather than normal, so the big herds have not migrated yet.

still saw about 20 to 30 elk, put a stalk on some that turned out to be rag horns.

I can only confirm 2 cows (bedded in second photo) and the rest bulls. Saw a real toad (7x7, 1st photo taken at 2 miles), man to have a bull tag in this unit.

BB26B8FA-11E5-43E2-A3DA-A2F412CFFE5E.jpeg

F3032192-E753-4D52-9FC0-8D08AEAADCD4.jpeg

Dude..that's crazy!! Glad to see the men made it thru the seasons!! Them lady's are hard to find some times ..she,ll show ..stay the course..tow the line..push forward..never waiver.and FINISH!

Bulls bugling to my south this morning…but pretty sure in this unit it’s bull on bull action.

snow is suppose to come next week, probably after Christmas there will be 500 head in the 10000 acres that I hunt.

Well got my dad setup under a tree, he had 15 bulls come within 400 yards the last two hours of light.

it was fun, got to watch from a mile off. All in counted 26 bulls tonight….wait for it…drum roll…0 cows!!!

Might call it an early trip and try to make it back after Christmas.

so final count for the day is 49 bulls, 0 cows. I’m sure most of the even bulls were ones we found in the morning.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu