Collared Cat

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Went checked out some cams on the best 40 acres in San Diego this afternoon...Didn't see squat driving around, but checking the 1st cam in the compound was a big old lion...And son of a gun, if he isn't collared...I'll make a couple of calls on Monday and see if I can find out who he is and where he's from.

Few pix from the cams.

.265.JPG266.JPG193.JPG228.JPG280.JPG

Good thing there is no dog in that doghouse. All the game management is up north they need to bring some to SoCal.

Reactions: dhntr48
Went checked out some cams on the best 40 acres in San Diego this afternoon...Didn't see squat driving around, but checking the 1st cam in the compound was a big old lion...And son of a gun, if he isn't collared...I'll make a couple of calls on Monday and see if I can find out who he is and where he's from.

Few pix from the cams.

.View attachment 44646View attachment 44647View attachment 44648View attachment 44649View attachment 44650

Few pix from the cams.

.View attachment 44646View attachment 44647View attachment 44648View attachment 44649View attachment 44650
That pic of that cat in front of a doghouse looks familiar, seems I’ve seen it before

I love it when Gavin Newsom lover's say that we have taken over the mountain lion habitats. What a freaking joke. Proper management of any predator is sound management and nothing more... It is time to introduce proper game management by voting out trash in November.

Tell you what guys nothing gets the old heart pumping like coming face-to-face with a mountain lion out in turkey Woods. About 7 years ago I was sitting next to a a tree off of lusardi Truck Trail, when this big lion came in on my turkey decoys. He looked at me I looked at him and he went back the way he came. I picked up my decoys and out to the truck I went.

Friend of mine was hunting Turkey near Sutherland and found a dead juvenile cat that was collared. I have a pic backed up somewhere. I will look for it.

Reactions: ilovesprig
So, I assumed that would be the only cat in that area that was radioed/collared...Nope...There's 6!

My buddy now has to look at data and the date to tell which one it is...WITW!

Why is shooting banded birds a thing but not collared deer?

And hey @WaterDawg when we gonna kill some of those collared doves you speak of
I heard someone put it this way..they said if they see a collard deer they give it a pass because they feel someone has already got the best of that animal when they captured and collard it..I don't neccesarily agree because I haven't been in the position to pass on deer let alone a collard one.

I heard someone put it this way..they said if they see a collard deer they give it a pass because they feel someone has already got the best of that animal when they captured and collard it..I don't neccesarily agree because I haven't been in the position to pass on deer let alone a collard one.

I’m sure the collared ones taste the same as non collared ones.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu