Cottontails

Can't deny 17 is a very good round. And is very accurate. So what it is is quantity vs accuracy.
For price of 20 rounds of the 17 one can
Get 500 rounds of 22.
But 22 has no where near the range of 17.
So tomatoes or tomato.
I like my 22lr I grew up with it.
I have killed a lot with it before there was
Scopes.
But at my age as my eye sight goes to poop and I get more shaky.
I would get a mil scope.
The price is cheap and really helps.
If I need a larger round I have my 223.

Reactions: sportyg
Has anyone shot pregnant rabbits? “Milky does” I think they are referred to as? Any way of avoiding that?

Good optics...lactating bunnys...oh my..

Hey guys, new virus killing off rabbit/hare populations in the southwest. Rabbit hemmoragic disease. Sorry if misspelled. It kills almost immediately, as of now not transmissible to humans. Signs of infection are; swelling, bleeding from nose or mouth. It apparently has killed almost the whole population in Australia. Research and take precautions. Is it still worth pursuing rabbits/hares?

Hey guys, new virus killing off rabbit/hare populations in the southwest. Rabbit hemmoragic disease. Sorry if misspelled. It kills almost immediately, as of now not transmissible to humans. Signs of infection are; swelling, bleeding from nose or mouth. It apparently has killed almost the whole population in Australia. Research and take precautions. Is it still worth pursuing rabbits/hares?

Yep...I haven't seen it locally...Like most diseases. it will come and it will go...Rabbits are very cyclitic anyway.

Reactions: JLerch
It was first detected in the Palm Springs area, but haven't seen any sign of it here in DHS as yet we are only about 13 miles away

Reactions: JLerch
Cool video, but you can do the same thing without all that skinning and what have you...Just sayin'….AGAIN.... :joy:

There is a reason rabbits are lean. It’s so all the hiking we do to harvest them results in getting in shape for deer season. I gotta put a few hoss’s (Hossenfeffers) in the oven while I get in shape for D16.

Reactions: Smokey58
Does anyone process the hides? I used a salt and alum mix last year, soaked them for 48 hours and when I tried stretching the skin it smelled rancid. Ay thoughts?

Reactions: Dawnandusk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu