D16 Report

The Deer Guy

Apr 4, 2016
Well it’s been tough for me so far. I’ve hunted 4 days so far through the rifle season (11 days during early archery). No deer down yet but lots of sightings and close calls. I’ve seen some great bucks and it seems like the ruts going into full swing. So far I’ve passed on some forkies and seen 3 different 3x3s during the rifle season. Lots of glassing and long range sightings. Figured you guys might enjoy some pictures.
3BC62742-66F7-4D4A-80A9-C071A3E8A36D.jpegDEC473EE-E8CA-4856-B59C-F1A39928C8CF.jpeg811673D8-1A6E-4689-88C7-9473873E4A50.jpeg47DCBD1C-49A2-497E-8F78-C66E7F536BF1.pngAFD9DA62-5151-4DDD-8ADB-4847C1F42B5A.png

Most these pix are on MCC.....The public land is moving too.....This is my SIL's buck this week.....Public and he earned him.....Wounded buck down a canyon, very little blood, and then bumped him.....Fortunately, he moved ahead of us slowly and Jacob was able to get him.

ps…..Damn, I hate thick D-16.....lol

.019.JPG013.JPG024.JPG

Most these pix are on MCC.....The public land is moving too.....This is my SIL's buck this week.....Public and he earned him.....Wounded buck down a canyon, very little blood, and then bumped him.....Fortunately, he moved ahead of us slowly and Jacob was able to get him.

ps…..Damn, I hate thick D-16.....lol

I figured that was mostly MCC, still makes me question why I decided not to join! D16 thorns got me a couple times today as well.

Congrats on the forkie!

Today was a rough day, spent all day out, getting in early and way up high and didn’t see a thing. At least earlier this week I was seeing deer, even a little forkie but days like today make me question if I have any clue into what I am doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: longbowhunter2
I figured that was mostly MCC, still makes me question why I decided not to join! D16 thorns got me a couple times today as well.

Congrats on the forkie!

Today was a rough day, spent all day out, getting in early and way up high and didn’t see a thing. At least earlier this week I was seeing deer, even a little forkie but days like today make me question if I have any clue into what I am doing.
Hang in there. Dark of the moon coming up. Rut is in effect.
Find the does a buck will be a round. Just pray for cooler weather.

The Deer Guy didn't say he was on MCC. Was he?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I hunt MCC, public, private, just about anywhere I can hunt deer haha. The hunt is just as tough or tougher on many of the mcc spots (The mcc spots that have a lot of deer get hunted hard every day). I’ve found deer just about everywhere (private/public) and mcc is no walk in the park. I’ve been putting on some serious miles through rugged terrain and serious time behind my glass. The deer are rutting and then on the move right now. Doesn’t matter if your on private or public... they’re moving so much right now that they can be in either place any time. It’s all about timing now.

Hunted this morning. Got to my spot , sat chilling and glassing. Heard a ruckus be hind me and scared the scrap out me. Lol, it was a small forkey.
I scared the crap out of it.
It took off down the hill going 100 miles an hour. Tried to Whistle to slow it down but no go. Saw head down in the brush and disappeared.
Sat a round to see if it would double back no love.
I have family coming over this morning
So I had to call early.
So close dang. Well that's Hunting.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu