D16 Report

I was on Laguna yesterday no bucks, many i saw 2does with a fawn then 200 yds donwhill another doe alone , and near parking lot another doe alone, I think they was near strus in laguna back hunting tomorrow.

Spent the night up on Black Mt last night. Got up early and hiked around to the north east side overlooking Mesa Grande. Glassed for a few hours and never saw any deer. Strange because I almost always see deer somewhere on Black Mt. Could be the warm spell and the high pressure. On the down side, there were a number of plinkers, off roaders and hikers on the hill today. If I was a deer I'd be hiding out up there too.

Thanks guys.

Lee.....101 lbs on the hook.....No lower legs and much of the fat removed.

Darryl,

Thanks for the heads-up.....Euro myself.....And these deer have been loaded with ticks.

Mark,

Stefanie is up this evening....:blush:

Congrats on the Buck!! Yeah the deer in North County have so many ticks on them...last year my deer was crawling by the time I skinned it. Never thought to spray it down.

Do you keep the tongue? I've been listening to a meateater podcast on cooking deer tongue and I would be happy to take the tongue off your hand if you aren't going to utilize the meat!

Nice freezer full. 101lbs a lot of meat.
Ticks are bad. Last deer I killed had so many ticks looked like the skin was crawling. I would not carry it.
Make me itch thinking about it.
Salt water killed them all.
Careful with that spray guys, nasty stuff.

Congrats Steve! Hate ticks too last time I was checking myself for days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu