D16 rifle opener......reports & questions

First time hunting since 90s as a kid. Been faux tuned up via podcasts, outdoor hunting "shows", reading, YouTube vids, and straight up grrrr. I've been studying d16 maps as if my life depended on it. Hoping to find a low pressure honey hole, but realistically accepting that this will be the first step on a long journey of hard learning. Best of luck everyone!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I know a guy that did a plane ride over parts of D16, scouting for deer.
Now that's crazy but it worked.

Reactions: smokee
That's a guy I'd like to get to know

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

There are a few landlocked areas that I would love to get dropped off in by helicopter. Not sure of the legality of it. Lol.

How ‘bout a drone like this... only bigger.
ff9c45e22972ebab1238902ee1575a39.jpg

My buddy did that this last weekend in a helo...basically was like..."yep, your spot has lots a deer". Lol

Looking forward to it. I've done a little scouting and sound a spot that looks promising so we'll see . . .

Hello everyone. I recently got into hunting. This will be my first year, but I was wondering if I can get some tips and pointers. I might be going solo too. Was thinking D13. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone. I recently got into hunting. This will be my first year, but I was wondering if I can get some tips and pointers. I might be going solo too. Was thinking D13. Thanks!

#1 You need a tag you can’t just start deer hunting with out a tag.
#2 get high and glass hard

Deer are where you find them... every zone holds deer. It all depends how hard you want to work to find them. Some peeps just pay and get a guide.

Deer are where you find them... every zone holds deer. It all depends how hard you want to work to find them. Some peeps just pay and get a guide.

Well ima go for a 3 day weekend. November 1-3. Most likely camp out too. Yeah, but that’s if you have a couple grand laying around lol.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu