D16 - They do exist....

Jnasty24

Sep 12, 2018
Oceanside
I have only heard the stories and seen these big forkies from a distance. Looks like after (3) years of grinding in the 16 I have found a good spot. I am still going through my card now so I will post better photos later. Anyone else catch anything on cam? Need to make it happen before the mountain lions do. You can see one stalking in the last photo. September 5th can’t come soon enough. Im heading to WA for early Deer and Elk the middle of September so hopefully it will come together earlY this year. Would give up a lot for the first Velvet buck. Good luck everyone!

-Justin49015E8D-2F7E-4E33-B138-CE173B930BDC.jpegBE530FF8-B613-473F-B09D-26B6ADB47464.jpegA21C609E-0B2E-4D9A-A707-28D730BEA350.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
if we had some real biologist and had "RED" running Sacramento instead of the devils children then they would let us thin out the mountain lion population. But, instead we have the sheep running this state.

if we had some real biologist and had "RED" running Sacramento instead of the devils children then they would let us thin out the mountain lion population. But, instead we have the sheep running this state.

The problem isn't the biologist...the problem is people. The state's biologist agree with the assessment that there are well past the threshold but our state doesn't lean on science it leans on what the democratic party wants.

Last edited:
I’ve seen a few forks and a couple lions roam the same cameras.

Attachments

• B0AA97DB-FBBD-4B8C-89F8-F6CC0EF21E80.jpeg
    B0AA97DB-FBBD-4B8C-89F8-F6CC0EF21E80.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: Jnasty24

I’m originally from WA and you can get cougar tags over the counter there. Which I’m surprised because it’s so liberal there too!

I once had a kitty sneak up on me at Mccain in the dark...some nesting owls raised heck and saved me from being cat poop.
I personally don't give a damn what the laws state about killing mountain lions. If I am hunting and one is sneaking up on me and I see it before it attacks me then well goodbye kitty.

Reactions: Jnasty24 and YETI
Larry saw 7 in one pack!! Oh man...

We have seen 5 in one pack on camera over here in D - 19. A friend has killed 2 in the last 3 years after they took out several calves he was finally able to get a permit. Took 6 dead calves before he was able to get his 1st. I have a few on camera this year along with several bobcats.

My friend was out the other day had one come within seven yards of where he was siting before it took off. Said he waved his hand and started talking low and it only came closer. Don't know if I would have let it get that close. If it had attacked he could never reacted in time.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu