Dove by the trillions

Scouting for dove....I love it. Did you set any trail cams up? The real reason im actually going buck hunting this weekend is to look for dove...I've got marking tape for the good roost trees so I know where I'm at after the long pack in the dark on Sept 1st!!

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
That's real smart, deceitful, but smart. Nobody will follow you if they think you're looking for deer.

Reactions: HATCHET1
My spot is looking good also (Private Land)
That would be nice. A married couple I hunt with are not going for opener this year because there are now too many hunters where, up to two years ago very few people hunted the area we had called ours for many years. I know the reason it has come to this, like me ,more and more people are no longer hunting in cal. We ran into a retired Cal. warden yesterday and talked to him for some time. The subject of Hunting in Cal. came up and he even said he will never hunt in Cal. ever again. He said you would be surprised how many cal. wardens are anti hunting proponents, not just anti hunters. I told him, wardens were one of the mains reasons I stopped hunt in this state.

I have been lucky that all the Wardens I have dealt with over the years have been very cool. My group has befriended several land owners in the Valley if the past few decades and now we get permission slips on posted fields. So much safer and no crowds to deal with. We normally treat the family to a dinner out and plenty of their favorite beverages.

Some birds are just more expensive than others thats all. Every ten years there should be a season for the bird species that fly by in the hundreds and tease us, they probably taste ok.
I'll bet Larry knows all about taste of various, non game birds.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu