Dove season coming up....... where's the ammo?

I think you mean Tulsi Gabbard....Better than most dems (former military), but still holds the company (lib/dem) line.
Don't forget Trump was once a Democrat.
I like Tulsi but she got pushed out by the establishment democrats. She is suing Hillary for calling her a Russian spy.

Last edited:
Reactions: ilovesprig
When I decided to buy my shotgun I had to decide 12 or 20ga. At the time the 20ga shells were always left behind since most people shoot 12.
I figured the smart thing to do would be to buy the 20ga so I could always find ammo.....that decision didnt work out as expected

When I decided to buy my shotgun I had to decide 12 or 20ga. At the time the 20ga shells were always left behind since most people shoot 12.
I figured the smart thing to do would be to buy the 20ga so I could always find ammo.....that decision didnt work out as expected

Not shopping in the right store...LOL

What are courts going to do about a supply issue?
Maybe all other states have lead. Maybe they want to supply those states. Maybe they don't want to screw with California.
Maybe steel shot is not high in demand in other states. Either way we need to make that law unconstitutional.

Maybe all other states have lead. Maybe they want to supply those states. Maybe they don't want to screw with California.
Maybe steel shot is not high in demand in other states. Either way we need to make that law unconstitutional.

I can tell you that steel dove loads are not popular in other states...Wal-Mart was blowing them out last year for $5.00 a box...I mean would shoot it, if you weren't forced too.

ps...It is required on national wildlife refuges in all states.

The problem with ammo shortage isn’t the lead ban here imo. The issue is nationwide whether it’s copper or lead or steel shot. This is a supply issue imo because so many people bought guns for the first time, you had a world wide pandemic, riots and major uncertainty. The cost of steel is double what it was a short time ago just like many other things. Prices for EVERYTHING are up.

I’m all for getting rid of the law that bans lead here but that ain’t putting ammo on the shelves tomorrow. We can’t get components to reload, we can’t get factory ammo, we can’t get the guns we want and it’s the same in a lot of states regardless of their political leanings. These companies can only produce so many guns and rounds a day and the demand far out weighs the supply. The courts can’t fix the supply issues. I’m all for them fixing the lead ban law.

Reactions: ilovesprig
I not trying argue. I don't believe we have shortage. It's probably sitting in storage some where. Driving prices up listen guys after what happened last year. These are low life scumbags that want to disarm us any way they can. Cut off the food supply ,cut off the ammo. Now we are holding our ding dongs.

I not trying argue. I don't believe we have shortage. It's probably sitting in storage some where. Driving prices up listen guys after what happened last year. These are low life scumbags that want to disarm us any way they can. Cut off the food supply ,cut off the ammo. Now we are holding our ding dongs.
If you owned a business that provided people a certain product and had the highest prices in history for said product would you sit on it? There is literally so much demand that they could flood the market right now and not lower prices.

I’m not sure of a lot but I’m pretty sure the ammo companies aren’t low life people trying to disarm us. You can certainly believe whatever you want about the issue but I don’t think there’s anything nefarious going on here. This is a matter of there being the highest demand in recent history for ammo along with worker shortages, shutdowns in states, etc. imo.

Actually the shortage is driven by the insane appetite of the gun community. Whenever there is a crisis, folks hoard. Couple that with expendable cash and there you have it. There is no magic warehouse with a full ammo cache rising prices. The ammo manufacturers can't keep up with the stupid demand. They have produced record amounts of ammo and the public has consumed record amounts of guns and ammo.

Just the facts man....

Actually the shortage is driven by the insane appetite of the gun community. Whenever there is a crisis, folks hoard. Couple that with expendable cash and there you have it. There is no magic warehouse with a full ammo cache rising prices. The ammo manufacturers can't keep up with the stupid demand. They have produced record amounts of ammo and the public has consumed record amounts of guns and ammo.

Just the facts man....
So John... does FF have some dove ammo available? I need some.. don't wanna resort to shooting duck loads at euros this summer.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu