Dove season coming up....... where's the ammo?

so they are killing our industry and they have being doing that for years. I don't doubt you truduct. if can't get raw material, then it can not be made. that's a whole new scope of the problem.

ya thank Biden and company for that, closing down our steel mills, what are you producing that requires that much steel. and what type steel. are you job shop, medium or high volume manufacture.
are you a sheet metal fabricator, or machine shop or both. Times change, but I being storing material for years. and never had an issue.
We are a sheet metal duct manufacture. Specaialize in 28ga-10ga with some structural steel and heavy plate mixed in.

yep OK thanks, in the last 28 years mostly with up yo 12" diameter bar, mostly low alloy steels, for aircraft application. maybe you local guys are getting stung harder than the bigger corporations, that have national security issues. to keep the military and commercial aircraft flying. it's all good. but not really, these people in power have being hurting small businesses terribly.

We are under alotments you cannot horde material or stock up. They will not sell you more than a set amount even if you wanted it. One of the biggest issues is China is buying 75% of our overseas steel. China is a lot closer to ship to from Turkey and Korea two of the worlds major steel countries so they are cutting the USA off and sending it to China.

I purchase around 5 million lbs of steel a year trust me when I say there is a steel shortage and it is not getting better anytime soon.
Does this mean scrap metal prices would go up? Or would it not affect that at all?

Does this mean scrap metal prices would go up? Or would it not affect that at all?
You would think it would Scrap prices have not gone up. There are no containers to ship scrap back across the pacific to China where we normally ship it. USA scrap yards are completely full and they have nowhere to ship the steel. Strange times indeed.

• Wow
Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Again you are going to see an increase in prices because of the cost of materials, fuel etc. You cant pump trillions of dollars into the economy that you don't have and not expect to see inflation. Likewise you can't shut down oil pipelines etc and expect fuel prices to stay the same. Trucking and material prices have literally doubled for me since January and I just keep passing that onto my customers. Same thing with ammo manufactures and price.

Realize that if you are holding cash you are losing 1-2% a month right now to inflation.

Something to think about gas is up over a $1 a gallon since January. Figure out how much fuel you consume a week on average then multiply that x 52 weeks? That stimulus money is really paying off lol.

“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”​

― Benjamin Franklin

Truduct:​

A French political observer, Alexis de Tocqueville, was particularly interested in how US politicians collected all these taxes from working Americans and then gave about 25% back in the form of some sort of entitlement or gift, similar to the stimulus checks or federal unemployment checks now. His take was just like Ben Franklin's. He said, "The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

Well, they realize very well that they can bribe the American people with their own money.

The wife and are looking to purchase a home in the Prescott or Payson areas. Been going there every couple of weeks since the beginning of the year . No stores, Walmart, Sportsman’s Warehouse, Mom & Pop shops have any regular type of ammo that folks would use to hunt with. All stores have limits on quantities that can be purchased; but nothing to buy on the shelves except odd rifle calibers and even those are minuscule.
Best decision was to buy before the all steel, all states went into effect!

My friend from No. San Diego county moved to Payson about two years ago, they love it. they did say it gets hotter in the summer than the were told and the humidity is real low at time. They have done a lot of scouting in the area and down around lake Rosevelt. I have done a lot of hunting in that area but it's been several years ago. Me and my brother got a lot of quail all around there. We also go a few stink pigs.

The wife and are looking to purchase a home in the Prescott or Payson areas. Been going there every couple of weeks since the beginning of the year . No stores, Walmart, Sportsman’s Warehouse, Mom & Pop shops have any regular type of ammo that folks would use to hunt with. All stores have limits on quantities that can be purchased; but nothing to buy on the shelves except odd rifle calibers and even those are minuscule.
Best decision was to buy before the all steel, all states went into effect!
I met a young guy out in payson a few years back. Couldn’t really hold his own weight had to carry him all the way home.
19DFFB05-F0F5-4083-A192-9A6A8FFEC556.jpeg

I not trying argue. I don't believe we have shortage. It's probably sitting in storage some where. Driving prices up listen guys after what happened last year. These are low life scumbags that want to disarm us any way they can. Cut off the food supply ,cut off the ammo. Now we are holding our ding dongs.
Just stop... Manufacturers are still filling backorders that have to be filled at the contracted price.
Once those are filled they can set whatever price they want.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
la mesa collectibles has a bunch of 12 gauge steel shot right now. grabbed some on the way home

A lil off topic but I saw a bunch of boxes of Estate 12 gauge 00 for about $50 a box at my local Big 5 today.

Reactions: TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu