Duck Gizzards

Hunter527

Apr 3, 2018
Niland, CA
This morning I tried duck gizzards for the first time, and I realized that for years I have been throwing away a prime cut of meat. All you have to do is cut them in half, rinse them out and cut out the interior lining. I boiled them with celery, carrot and garlic, and they were delicious. Who else enjoys the gizzards? I know I will be saving them from now on.

Last edited:
Larry has...dude has eaten everything..I miss Larry...that being said...I have eaten many of turkey gizzards..it's all on the prep.

Reactions: Hunter527
@Snake Charmer and I smashed the sandy's in Northern Texas (freelance). Fun bird to hunt. The birds we shot decoyed very well. In fact, they would lock up a 1/2 mile from the landing runway. They taste pretty good.

John,

I'm up for a hunt like that, if you ever do it again.......... :blush:

ps...We are now allowed to shoot hem in Alberta and 2 years in a row I've not been able to go....Frigging Rona

Reactions: NBK
John,

I'm up for a hunt like that, if you ever do it again.......... :blush:

ps...We are now allowed to shoot hem in Alberta and 2 years in a row I've not been able to go....Frigging Rona
We have threatened to go back many times. We go big game hunting on the New Mexico side and drive 5 minutes and hunt the Sand Hill's on the Texas side. When we hunted them, we knocked on a door and got permission to hunt where they were landing. The owner thought we were crazy. He said, and I quote: "Why would you want to hunt those birds. Nobody has hunted them in the last 50 years." Needless to say, it was full throttle!

If we go again, you will get a call Steve.

Reactions: ilovesprig
I'
We have threatened to go back many times. We go big game hunting on the New Mexico side and drive 5 minutes and hunt the Sand Hill's on the Texas side. When we hunted them, we knocked on a door and got permission to hunt where they were landing. The owner thought we were crazy. He said, and I quote: "Why would you want to hunt those birds. Nobody has hunted them in the last 50 years." Needless to say, it was full throttle!

If we go again, you will get a call Steve.
I'm up for it, just gotta finish my current responsibilities. That would make for a great week of just hunt that species.

Reactions: ilovesprig and NBK

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu