Elk burgers

d16ridgehiker

Oct 26, 2011
I had never had the opportunity to try Elk before. I was lucky enough to have SCH's own Lungpopper offer me some Elk. I couldn't pass it up. I was going to try out some burgers to get a taste for it. Decided stuffed burgers would be best. Added a little seasoning...didnt want to overpower it. Really wanted to get a taste for the meat. Took a little red onion and jalapeno, diced it up and rolled into the patties and then stuffed the middle with some shredded Monterrey Jack. Topped it with a slice of Monterrey Jack and put it on a Ciabbata Bun. Added an Aloha Sculpin to wash it down. I'm hooked. While I love Venison, Elk is something else.......My son's burger was stuffed and topped with the cheese, no onion or jalapeno. He gave it a thumbs up approval. Thanks again LP, your kindness is very much appreciated!!

.20190712_175459.jpg20190712_182714.jpg20190712_183525.jpg20190712_184018.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great! I was given some elk burger by a fellow SCH member a couple years ago I made tacos and it was unbelievable! Wish I had the time and cash to get my own. I guess I will just have to be grateful when I get a little!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Elk burgers are pretty much why I want a cow tag every year. I’m pretty sad when the elk burger runs out.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Them burgers look good. Every year the first night before archery my buddy brings elk meat for some burgers, just about 2 weeks away. Dang, thanks for the reminder of the goodness that is coming.

Haven't made burgers but I make some kick ass Elk chili with Red Hatch peppers.

Reactions: NBK
Steve when are you bringing over your waterfowl for us to grind up. I know we talked about it and never got it done.
I have a sac goose hunt in December I will be making some Italian goose sausage for sure.

Drew,

Just ground up about a 100 lbs (pep sticks)...Should have plenty by December.

Reactions: TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu