Fall Turkey Public Announcement

Farmland.......Much is posted these days (Woodland's Hunt Club & a few others).......There was a time you could virtually hunt anywhere out there......The point is, if it's not posted hunt it.

I need to get out more but with the wife being pregnant it's easier on my ears to go out once in a while then all the time, lol. I plan on duck hunting Sunday them possibly going dove/pheasant hunting Monday. I read plaster city ohv area might be a good place to hike around looking for some birds.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Stay clear of the row crops too.. I don't hunt pheasant really but last time I saw roosters messing around in the sugar beet fields, off limits.

Great point Jason......And I should've stated that......Sugar beets, lettuce, and such are off limits, especially if you have dogs.....If you can find the farmer, there are times they will allow hunting in sugar beets.

ps......Stay away from Plaster City......It's a standing joke.

So pretty much all farm land and Plaster City stay away from. What does that leave

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Did you read my post/answer?.......Farmland/alfalfa/Sudan grass/Bermuda grass/tumbleweed/wildland fields are OK......As long as they're not posted with a sign that says.....NO HUNTING.

Hi everyone, with fall turkey season opening tomorrow I would like to remind those who plan on hunting San Diego county that our turkey population is still at a critical low. That being said I would ask those hunting to pass on hens and young birds. We don't have any rains coming in for awhile and the survival of our current population is the key to continue having a spring turkey hunt in Southern California. I understand having a wild turkey for the holidays is a big thing but Ralphs has an over abundance of butter balls. I hope everyone has a safe successful season.

I just want to bring this thread back to its subject. Please read and help support the flock's recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu