First Bird Dog, Maverick VonBirdfindr

Hard to get any videos of Mav since i am helping/getting trained as well but this dude is doing great!!! Hell of a nose on him. He will take his first hunt in mid October. Now if we can get this PNW heat to calm we will be set!
Dude is getting BIG!!

View attachment 62880
Greate breed, my personal favorite I have owned 7 over the years. Lost my last one Oct 5th last year. :(. How did you get him to stand still long enough for the photo.:)

Greate breed, my personal favorite I have owned 7 over the years. Lost my last one Oct 5th last year. :(. How did you get him to stand still long enough for the photo.:)
That was after a 5 mile hike:joy:... He is a pain in the ass but we love him! No different than most puppies. First GSP for me, love the determination and focus level. He is going to be a great hunting partner.

I've owned a lot of hunting dogs in my life, but only one GSP...Buck...I was probably around 14 and my family lived on a cul-de-sac...My dad brings him home and I'm pretty excited...My 1st hunting dog...He was a little bit older as I recall and was supposed to be partially trained...Emphasis on partial...........;)

As he got bigger, he got stronger and more wild...Before you knew it, he was getting out and chasing all the neighbors cats...After he killed #3, the neighbors said, "It's the dog or a lawsuit"...:scream:

That was the end of young Buck....:worried:

ps......I've hated cats ever since.................................:joy:

I've owned a lot of hunting dogs in my life, but only one GSP...Buck...I was probably around 14 and my family lived on a cul-de-sac...My dad brings him home and I'm pretty excited...My 1st hunting dog...He was a little bit older as I recall and was supposed to be partially trained...Emphasis on partial...........;)

As he got bigger, he got stronger and more wild...Before you knew it, he was getting out and chasing all the neighbors cats...After he killed #3, the neighbors said, "It's the dog or a lawsuit"...:scream:

I have always hated cats, Thanks for the adding to the list of reasons why. :p
It has been a huge learning experience for him and i. Finally have him waiting to exit his kennel and any doorway, truly enjoying this experience, He is going to be a great partner when my wife makes me decide between her and him :joy:
Unfortunately our trainer and myself don't think him on this years goose hunt is a good idea. Maybe in the next few years once we settles down a bit... so maybe 5 years from now,

Reactions: ilovesprig

GSP's hate cats, Rommel got 24. Every time he got one he got steak for dinner.

It’s hard to like cats, but it’s cat owners who are the main problem. Letting your pet roam the neighborhood freely, pooping in flower beds, killing song birds and lizards, tormenting fenced dogs, and then screeching loudly at night when fighting or getting raped. I just don’t get the mentality of people who think their cats are entitled to use everyone else’s property. I shoot at em with airsoft when they’re in my yard. AITA?

It’s hard to like cats, but it’s cat owners who are the main problem. Letting your pet roam the neighborhood freely, pooping in flower beds, killing song birds and lizards, tormenting fenced dogs, and then screeching loudly at night when fighting or getting raped. I just don’t get the mentality of people who think their cats are entitled to use everyone else’s property. I shoot at em with airsoft when they’re in my yard. AITA?
I had two neighbors who insisted on putting food in front of their garage all day every day, there were somewhere around 30 cats coming to eat and drink, they often made the mistake of coming in our backyard, generally they made that mistake only once. I now have another wackadoodle who does the same thing. On top of that he took the screens off his crawlspace vents and the cats go under there and drop a litter of more cats. He got pissed when he saw me take a cat away in a trap. I told him to keep his cats off my property. He told me they are not my cats, I told him if you are feeding them, they are yours. I hate cats.......................................................................................

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu