Fishing Charter

The Thunderbird out of Davey’s is a good boat for San Clemente trips too. They have done pretty good the past few seasons.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Another option is 3/4 day local on the Point Loma $135 limited to 18 people my kid cooks and decks on there. They fish local and you will catch something. The islands boats Liberty, San Diego, Grande, and Mission Belle are all great choices but they will likely chase yellowtail or tuna given the opportunity is available and will likely only fish for other fish if the game fish aren’t around. My 2 cents
Yup, I learned that some of the boats you mentioned won't stop to fill the bag but keep chasing the bigger fish. IMO i'd rather come home with a few fish for tacos than an empty bag. Don't get me wrong i'm sure that when they find the right school they kill it. My luck hasn't been that good so now I think about what boat i'm jumping on. So in Point Loma they target smaller fish for tacos.. im there!!

Go up to dana point or Newport and get on one of the boats fishing the island (San Clemente) you will board the night before and catch all the rockfish you want and perhaps get a shot at some Yellowtail. No passport needed. IMO the half day out of SD or any place is a waste of a good BDAY.

If you manage to get your PP go with any full day out of SD.

Give us a heads up on witch you decide. maybe we can pull something together. I like birthdays and fishing and have a shit load of loaner gear.

Oh and keep this in mind, if you hook a yellow YOU ARE DONE, Ching $$$ Ching!
What does "if you hook a yellow YOU ARE DONE" mean?

Yup, I learned that some of the boats you mentioned won't stop to fill the bag but keep chasing the bigger fish. IMO i'd rather come home with a few fish for tacos than an empty bag. Don't get me wrong i'm sure that when they find the right school they kill it. My luck hasn't been that good so now I think about what boat i'm jumping on. So in Point Loma they target smaller fish for tacos.. im there!!
Just to be clear the boat Point Loma fishes local kelp beds on their normal run not the Coronado islands the Mission belle does the Coronado’s.

Reactions: IVhunter
Yea I agree I would rather come home with a cooler full of rockfish for tacos and sandos..I'm looking at a dana point 3/4..they offer a nice variety off species and don't need my passport. Still going to get one because I'd love to hit down south and the Coronado Islands still.

Reactions: IVhunter

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu