Fishing Charter

Go to DP for rock fishing?

San Diego has the best fleet, boats and options......... gotta start somewhere
Good luck

Go to DP for rock fishing?

San Diego has the best fleet, boats and options......... gotta start somewhere
Good luck
They had a good deal on a 4 pack for a 3/4 day so decided ti give it a try..Applied for my passport so I can do a full day outta seaforth to the islands sometime soon. Also turns out my wifes friends husband has a boat and does charters. Planning a trip down south once my PP comes in with him.

Reactions: MJB
Dang for an sch boat I may have to bust out the Irod and the ol single speed pink AVET.

My birthday is coming up next month and I'd like to go on my first fishing charter. Im thinking at least a full day. Anyone have any recommendations on some full day trips out of San Diego?

Open invite to anyone who wants to tag along!

Tight lines!
I know many people who go in full-day boats and others that own them

But this one guy is by far the fishiest guy I know. I don't know how he does it but he finds the fish. If I was ever going to hire a boat and cap. I will absolutely 100% hire him.

Here is the website. Make sure to ask for Matt.

If you want more info about the guy send me a pm.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I went out last Saturday on the San Diego. Coronado trip. I got a bunch of rock fish. One guy had a YT on and lost it. I know some of the other boats got into the YT, but the weather and water temp sucked. Too cold. I'm probably going to stick with the 1.5 day trips. They go out farther and get into the bigger grade fish, YT and BFT. I don't mind rock fish, but I was hoping for the YT

I went out last Saturday on the San Diego. Coronado trip. I got a bunch of rock fish. One guy had a YT on and lost it. I know some of the other boats got into the YT, but the weather and water temp sucked. Too cold. I'm probably going to stick with the 1.5 day trips. They go out farther and get into the bigger grade fish, YT and BFT. I don't mind rock fish, but I was hoping for the YT
It is a little early for the Yellows the ones around are a little deeper and they are small...wait a little if you can.

Historically things have changed over the years. There was a time in the early to mid sixties sixties that the Coronado's were considered the yellowtail capital of the world by one of the worlds leading angler/ authors ( A.J. Mclane). Think about that for a minute and what has happened since then. I remember riding out on six pack charters from north island naval air station with my dad who was a naval aviator. I would see several acres of boiling yellows It was silly and anything under twenty five pounds was thrown back because it was too small, If you weighted down with a sinker you got a halibut and they went about fifteen to twenty lb's as well. Things have changed and we should all work to restore what we used to have..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu