FROM THE FIELD

My brother has had luck on Halloween before so he's going out to D11 in the morning with his buddy. With 4 tags between them and two weeks left they will be meat hunting from here out. They did see a nice 3x3 their last time out so there is still hope .

Got out of work a little early yesterday so I hit the hill. Only saw 4 does, Havent seen one buck yet this season. On Sunday someone up there had a fireworks show. I counted at least 15 shots within 10-15 mins. Either someone is a REALLY bad shot or after first shots were fired deer got spooked and started moving which opened up opportunities for other hunters.

10 does And 2 bucks tonight. Forgot my camera or I would have had some eye candy for you guys. Cooled off pretty good this evening seemed to get the deer moving.

Got off work early and off tomorrow so i headed to my spot. Nice evening, but no deer. Saw two forks here opening day, and 6 does. Only a skunk and a bobcat out tonight. Hopefully the morning will bring something good.

I'm working for myself right now, so I've been lucky to get out with my bow every morn/evening since the opener, not to brag but I have passed on 5 bucks with my bow and 2 with a rifle so far , opening day was the best.....18 does, 2 bucks and 2 yotes. Each day the count has decreased due to rut and moon. Hoping for the action to pick up in a week or two. I have some good video clips from my stand, I'll see if the guys can put some of it up.

Hey guys figured I'd chime in for the first time ;)... Just got back in from the field, saw 12 does, 4 bucks, 1 spork, 2 forkies and had a 108 - 110 3X2 at 24 yards... Trying to top the 4X3 I shot a few weeks back, so I'm waiting on big daddy...

Good luck to you all...

Graylight said:
Hey guys figured I'd chime in for the first time ;)... Just got back in from the field, saw 12 does, 4 bucks, 1 spork, 2 forkies and had a 108 - 110 3X2 at 24 yards... Trying to top the 4X3 I shot a few weeks back, so I'm waiting on big daddy...

Good luck to you all...
WOW!!!!
Nice first post

Thank you for the welcome... Rut is definitly winding down... This year has been pretty sad for big buck sightings... Last year was even more pathetic :-\ We'll see what happens in the next week or so... Still have high hopes but it seems things aren't as good as in years past...

Went out tonight. Tried a different part of the mountain. Found three sheds and saw three deer no headgear. Watched the sun go down from up high AWESOME.

Attachments

• sunset.jpg
    sunset.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 137
Great first post Graylight. Nice to have you aboard.

Lungpopper - you never cease to amaze me with where you are. Great photo from the top of the world. Great reports!

Sunsent in the mountains is one of the best ways to spend an evening in my eyes. I'm planning on heading out Monday afternoon. Time change is tonight so it will be dark pretty dang early.

I got two pictures text over to me this morning by friends dropping forkys. Not the best pic,s.

Attachments

• ResizedImage951351954769528.jpg
    ResizedImage951351954769528.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 145
Been in November training area all morning on Pendleton. Only saw 1 doe today about 0915. Heading home to get some rest before kids ball game.

Back at it in the morning.

My wife sat in my stand today and didn't see anything. I hiked around the roads with my two kids so I would be close if she needed to reach me on the radio. Me and the kids saw deer beds and poop. I drove to a high road and glassed the valley below and saw a guy shoot a doe with his bow. Spine shot and she dropped.

Graylight said:

Good luck to you all...

Post up a picture of your buck. Sounds like a good one.

Only hunted Saturday morning. Saw two deer a doe and a three point. Missed the buck. Excitment, rushed my shot and he disappeared.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu