From this to this

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
With the last days of lead upon us, I was able to get in a couple of Euro days this week....Not red hot, but fairly steady....Then it was time to bring a few to a friends birthday party yesterday....Some rapped with water chestnut and others with jalapenos….Damn delish.

ps....The Maine lobs weren't bad either....lol

.029.JPG028.JPG022.JPG032.JPG039.JPG040.JPG041.JPG

Good stuff Steve. Now onto bunnies don’t disappoint us tomorrow night we expect a limit.

Drew,

Sighted in the .17 with copper this morning with Jacob....Really not much difference and good to about a 100....Also, dialed in the Beeman .22....I'm ready....lol

ps....Never saw a rabbit....:confused:

I use those CCI copper 17s they are lethal you will like them. Pretty devastating the way they fragment.

When first testing the CCI 17's... I found this piece of mild steel tubing (maybe 3/8's thick?) somebody littered out there. I figure they'd shot at it with maybe large-diameter Lead Cowboy Action rounds? (See the dents) Was quite surprised to see the projectile go thru the first wall of the tubing!

Also found this deer scapula (and most of the other bones of that deer, looks like yotes got her) and it was easily able to pierce thru the thicker parts of the bone (that I could manage to aim at) at 100yds.

One of the rounds that pierced the tubing is shown here displayed to the right.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu