Game cameras for Turkey?

Theft on public land is definitely an issue.. someone had a post up recently about getting one taken. I've never had a cam stolen but maybe I've just been lucky. And I don't usually put my cam out for turkey but a lot of guys do. I usually just scout for ground sign and roosting areas to figure out where the birds are going.

SurfNHuntSD said:
Theft on public land is definitely an issue.. someone had a post up recently about getting one taken. I've never had a cam stolen but maybe I've just been lucky. And I don't usually put my cam out for turkey but a lot of guys do. I usually just scout for ground sign and roosting areas to figure out where the birds are going.

I did see that post...that's why I'm hesitant. Wondered if it was common or a rare occurrence. Thanks!

At $17.00 a piece at Wally World, who cares..... ;)

I use trail cams for turkeys all the time. And others I know use them on public as well....Worth the chance IMO.

Attachments

• PICT0284.JPG
    PICT0284.JPG
    853.8 KB · Views: 29
  • PICT0118.JPG
    PICT0118.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
I couldn't find $17 -I got all excited when I saw that mentioned and I did a quick check at Walmart. But the Tasco 3MP can be found for $24.99.

DanSanDiego said:
I couldn't find $17 -I got all excited when I saw that mentioned and I did a quick check at Walmart. But the Tasco 3MP can be found for $24.99.

I think every store can mark up or down as their manger see's fit....The Tasco 3MP is the same as what I got for $17.00.

ps.....Still, 25 bucks is pretty cheap...... ;)

DanSanDiego said:
Dang, I did the same thing haha. They're $49.95 here!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I recently bought this trail cam on Amazon ~$75. I haven't tried it in the field but it takes good photos and video in my yard.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
DanSanDiego said:
I recently bought this trail cam on Amazon ~$75. I haven't tried it in the field but it takes good photos and video in my yard.

I have a stealth cam. Might be the same one, hard to tell. They make a ton that look the same. I love mine. It's taken good quality pictures and nice videos.

2dogs1name said:
Chris_Schulte said:
I have a stealth cam. Might be the same one, hard to tell. They make a ton that look the same. I love mine. It's taken good quality pictures and nice videos.

Do you use it on public land?

Yes I do. That's the only thing I've used it on other than my yard. I usually check mine every 2 weeks though just to be safe to see if anybody has been in the area of my camera recently. If you do use it on public land, hide it well. I like to check the area around where I want to put my camera and see if there has been any human activity (footprints, tire tracks, etc) and if there has been I won't put it there. You just have to be careful, be smart about where you put it.

for 30.00 i bought a security box for my moultrie that you lag bolt to a tree, then pad lock, and you can run a cable lock through it,had it up in CNF for deer season

ilovesprig said:
DanSanDiego said:

I think every store can mark up or down as their manger see's fit....The Tasco 3MP is the same as what I got for $17.00.

ps.....Still, 25 bucks is pretty cheap...... ;)

Which Walmart did you get the $17 cam at? The Walmart in Temecula has it for $50!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu