Game cameras for Turkey?

Theft on public land is definitely an issue.. someone had a post up recently about getting one taken. I've never had a cam stolen but maybe I've just been lucky. And I don't usually put my cam out for turkey but a lot of guys do. I usually just scout for ground sign and roosting areas to figure out where the birds are going.

SurfNHuntSD said:
Theft on public land is definitely an issue.. someone had a post up recently about getting one taken. I've never had a cam stolen but maybe I've just been lucky. And I don't usually put my cam out for turkey but a lot of guys do. I usually just scout for ground sign and roosting areas to figure out where the birds are going.

I did see that post...that's why I'm hesitant. Wondered if it was common or a rare occurrence. Thanks!

At $17.00 a piece at Wally World, who cares..... ;)

I use trail cams for turkeys all the time. And others I know use them on public as well....Worth the chance IMO.

Attachments

• PICT0284.JPG
    PICT0284.JPG
    853.8 KB · Views: 29
  • PICT0118.JPG
    PICT0118.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
I couldn't find $17 -I got all excited when I saw that mentioned and I did a quick check at Walmart. But the Tasco 3MP can be found for $24.99.

DanSanDiego said:
I couldn't find $17 -I got all excited when I saw that mentioned and I did a quick check at Walmart. But the Tasco 3MP can be found for $24.99.

I think every store can mark up or down as their manger see's fit....The Tasco 3MP is the same as what I got for $17.00.

ps.....Still, 25 bucks is pretty cheap...... ;)

...not to mention smart thieves probably won't even bother stealing a 3mp camera...

Thanks for this..

DanSanDiego said:
Dang, I did the same thing haha. They're $49.95 here!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I recently bought this trail cam on Amazon ~$75. I haven't tried it in the field but it takes good photos and video in my yard.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
DanSanDiego said:
I recently bought this trail cam on Amazon ~$75. I haven't tried it in the field but it takes good photos and video in my yard.

I have a stealth cam. Might be the same one, hard to tell. They make a ton that look the same. I love mine. It's taken good quality pictures and nice videos.

Chris_Schulte said:
I have a stealth cam. Might be the same one, hard to tell. They make a ton that look the same. I love mine. It's taken good quality pictures and nice videos.

Do you use it on public land?

2dogs1name said:
Chris_Schulte said:

Do you use it on public land?

Yes I do. That's the only thing I've used it on other than my yard. I usually check mine every 2 weeks though just to be safe to see if anybody has been in the area of my camera recently. If you do use it on public land, hide it well. I like to check the area around where I want to put my camera and see if there has been any human activity (footprints, tire tracks, etc) and if there has been I won't put it there. You just have to be careful, be smart about where you put it.

for 30.00 i bought a security box for my moultrie that you lag bolt to a tree, then pad lock, and you can run a cable lock through it,had it up in CNF for deer season

ilovesprig said:
DanSanDiego said:

I think every store can mark up or down as their manger see's fit....The Tasco 3MP is the same as what I got for $17.00.

ps.....Still, 25 bucks is pretty cheap...... ;)

Which Walmart did you get the $17 cam at? The Walmart in Temecula has it for $50!

Back