Going Yardbirding for the next 4 days..

Glad I did not have to touch it... such foul creatures..that being said...I think we done raiding and pillaging CA for now. Gotta get out of this state ...my rash has flared up...

Screenshot_20230401-073634.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Paying it forward..passing it on if you will..a boy and his first Jake bird....this kid is hooked..I'm exhausted...outta here in the morning...maybe be time for another slocking...stand by 16ers...prolly gonna get roped into it.

Screenshot_20230401-121953.pngScreenshot_20230401-122015.pngScreenshot_20230401-122224.png

Paying it forward..passing it on if you will..a boy and his first Jake bird....this kid is hooked..I'm exhausted...outta here in the morning...maybe be time for another slocking...stand by 16ers...prolly gonna get roped into it.
Way to go Hatch. Damn decent of you. He won't ever forget.

Last edited:
Reactions: HATCHET1
Granny's Great Grandson..When asked to help him get his first Turkey...it's an automatic yes..I actually had to put camo on..tuck into the brush and squawk on the old box call...I dirrty talked him into leaving his 3 hens..it was text book really ..KAPOOW..he is currently residing in the cooler ..

Outstanding, Matt,

I would much rather see someone else shoot than myself these days...Even better when it's youngster and family..... :clap:
Truth stevo...when i say I just stand there and do absolutely nothing these days..I mean it..so much more rewarding...little Jonny has had a smile on his face all day..

Well..last night here...my GUIDE spotting these porkers at last light...they were way the fck out there...zoomed um in thru the Swarovski... sized them up and asked me.. you wanna go after them??? Hmmm....to be continued..

Screenshot_20230401-192334.png

Truth stevo...when i say I just stand there and do absolutely nothing these days..I mean it..so much more rewarding...little Jonny has had a smile on his face all day..
Yea I agree, enjoy watching the juniors tipping them over and seeing them enjoy and clean up the mess while I instruct and keep my hands clean

...much to my Guides dismay..I decided not to go after them...it would have meant dawning a pac and actually having to cut and stuff and pack out in the dark...it's pretty cold out here and there may be mountain lions!!!...plus no road..so..No Dice!!! We leave this morning...goodbye CA ..and good riddens!! See you in August for multiple deer harvests and to do battle with the elusive feral hog...

Screenshot_20230402-080131.png

Accident.. grapevine..delayed .. brutal..worn out from yard pimpin .

I love wet turkey pics...and let me tell ya fellas..it's been a wet muddy mess...haven't seen Mr and Mrs porky since the first afternoon...they may be able to be marked safe if they don't show by Sunday morning ..we gave them quarter ...where no quarter is usually given ..getting softer the older I get .. that being said .there are plenty of longbeards babbling there dicks off looking for love...so we outta be able to smack another before go time.. stand by 16ers...the sun's out with no rain in the forecast the next few days...I'm thinking it's gonna be on ..oh yes..on..

View attachment 58106View attachment 58107
Dang near anything wet, Im in! Especially exotic!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu