Got 4 for the 1st time to Imperial County.

Rad!! Finish the cycle and cook them up while drinking a cold brewski, don't let them sit in the freezer!! Lots of dove recipes on here if you search them up. Welcome to the IV, next time around keep an eye out for pheasant... pheasant scouting never hurts. Maybe that will be your next bird to harvest, maybe even some quail.

Reactions: dirtriddr
Rad!! Finish the cycle and cook them up while drinking a cold brewski, don't let them sit in the freezer!! Lots of dove recipes on here if you search them up. Welcome to the IV, next time around keep an eye out for pheasant... pheasant scouting never hurts. Maybe that will be your next bird to harvest, maybe even some quail.

Saw a couple of roosters yesterday I wouldn't mind taking out in a couple months..

Thank you. I plan on cooking them up tomorrow night with dinner. There is so many recipes I’ve found I will need to keep getting more birds to try them. Lol. Other then the heat getting to me after a few hours I really had a lot of fun and loved the excitement. Pheasant and Quail are definitely on my list that I want to hunt along with Turkey.

Jason you broke through the “haven’t done it before and don’t want to screw up” barrier. Congrats. Now you see how fun it can be and really pretty uncomplicated. Glad you got some birds.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu