Great Desert Ram Hunting Story

S

scohen

Please check out our website homepage for a great Desert Ram hunting story. The ram was taken by a local named Renny. The story was written by one of our forum members Fred (AKA Snake Charmer).

http://southerncaliforniahunting.com

Please come back and share your comments.

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

Attachments

• IMG_0392.jpg
    IMG_0392.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 115
Fred and crew nice write up and congrates to the shooter.
Was in AZ for the holidays and saw a nice ram while out jeeping.I would guess he was 1,000 to 1,200 yards away,but looks like a monster

Attachments

• IMG_3146.jpg
    IMG_3146.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
Wow Darryl, that's an amazing animal. Thanks for posting!

Where abouts did you see that guy? notice how big the space between the horns on the top of the head is. Generally that space will close to nothing as they mature, I'm guessing he was in the southern half of the state where the mexicali subspecies lives as they sport the largest horns of the desert bighorns.

Wow nice animal, thanks for sharing that picture. Were you scouting for a hunt or just cruising?

SC You are correct southwestern part of the state.When I blow the picture up the horns are pretty close to each other,also notice how low the horns are to the jaws.That boys got a big curl to him.

Papi Just out playing.

Snake Charmer said:
Also notice how the ram that Renny shot has the horns curling outward (nelsoni subspecies) while the one lungpooper photoed has the horns coming straight out (Mexicali)

I learned something new today. Thanks SC !

I did not know that either. I'm always learning new stuff from Fred!

Great photos.. Didn't know about the different horns as well. Thanks for the info..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu