Griner freed, Marine left behind!

I know people who wish they could get the same reprieve from our own system here in the BS state of commifornia. She should of been left for dead, but she's a anti american, black, lesbian, sports tool!!

Biden and Pelosi are queers, this and Pelosi's last bill is a straight middle finger to 90% of Americans.

To leave the a real american for dead is despicable and the writing is on the wall, how stupid most Americans are is dumbfounding to me. And of course nothing will be done to rectify it.

Could they both just pass already.

Before you all get all twisted about what occurred keep in mind that the Russians may not of been open to trading his release. He is a Marine, accused of espionage, and he's been there awhile... which indicates why haven't we been able to get him yet? Maybe the Russians aren't open to it. Their "special military operation" has been more special than they wanted. They don't want to look even weaker releasing somebody who could be seen as going right back to work in attacking them. Griner is just somebody that had pot and wouldn't be considered a threat to the country. Is it a crap trade? Yeah. But they been trading their tanks and helicopters for our rockets we've had the Ukrainians use.

Before you all get all twisted about what occurred keep in mind that the Russians may not of been open to trading his release. He is a Marine, accused of espionage, and he's been there awhile... which indicates why haven't we been able to get him yet? Maybe the Russians aren't open to it. Their "special military operation" has been more special than they wanted. They don't want to look even weaker releasing somebody who could be seen as going right back to work in attacking them. Griner is just somebody that had pot and wouldn't be considered a threat to the country. Is it a crap trade? Yeah. But they been trading their tanks and helicopters for our rockets we've had the Ukrainians use.
Nah..that makes sence..we dont want to hear it.

That's what happens when you negotiate from a place of weakness. What a contrast between him and Trump.
Trump had refused to negotiate for our Marines release. Putin offered the same trade for him and Trump said no.

Trump had refused to negotiate for our Marines release. Putin offered the same trade for him and Trump said no.
True fact, Ya'll need to stop getting your shorts so twisted. if all you read is Fox news you are not getting the honest facts and all the truth. If you want to really understand you have to explore all of the media and draw conclusions from that and then even question what you are looking at. I've said it before and I'll say it again- Walter Cronkite was a true perveyor of truth in the media way back when and no media or news network has even come close to his accuracy and integrity in news reporting and in the future probably never will as private interests control the media now and forward. This is one of the major problems why we are where we are at now because eveyone suscribes to what they want to hear as opposed to exploring the truth.

Yes but he did get the other basketball players released handily and we didnt have to turn over any arms dealers to do so.

Reactions: ilovesprig
True fact, Ya'll need to stop getting your shorts so twisted. if all you read is Fox news you are not getting the honest facts and all the truth. If you want to really understand you have to explore all of the media and draw conclusions from that and then even question what you are looking at. I've said it before and I'll say it again- Walter Cronkite was a true perveyor of truth in the media way back when and no media or news network has even come close to his accuracy and integrity in news reporting and in the future probably never will as private interests control the media now and forward. This is one of the major problems why we are where we are at now because eveyone suscribes to what they want to hear as opposed to exploring the truth.
I agree that. People dont want the truth. People want to confirm their own biases. Its also easier to complain than to hold others accountable.

That said, admitting that Trump is a more skilled negotiator and handled these types of situations better does not mean someone is ignorant to the facts (Fox news only) or does not have the right to be upset at this "getting your shorts twisted" as you call it. I am not sure if that is what you are implying so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but it does read that way.

Last edited:
This is true, John Bolton said trump refused to make the trade for a good reason. He didn't want the likes of Bout released to go back to his ways and cause the lives of more Americans. No deal which involved Bouts release should have ever been made. Putin got a monster back, and we got what?

N
I agree that People want to confirm their own biases. Its also easier to complain than to hold others accountable.

That said, admitting that Trump is a more skilled negotiator and handled these types of situations better does not mean someone is ignorant to the facts (Fox news only) or does not have the right to be upset at this "getting your shorts twisted" as you call it. I am not sure if that is what you are implying so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but it does read that way.
You are correct people do not want the truth they want what they want but are unwilling to accept is anything that counters their opinions and that in it self is one of the major problems this country faces now because no one wants to to hear something they don't like. As far as Trumps presidency goes business negotiation is different than global politics and world stability. Trump did good with the business aspect of the office and not so much everywhere else. Looking at the last electoral cycle he is an albartross on the neck of anyone who embraces him now. Viktor Bout was dead meat the day he was arrested and will never occupy arms trading again due to his reputation from the past Putin just wanted his drinking buddy back.

N

You are correct people do not want the truth they want what they want but are unwilling to accept is anything that counters their opinions and that in it self is one of the major problems this country faces now because no one wants to to hear something they don't like. As far as Trumps presidency goes business negotiation is different than global politics and world stability. Trump did good with the business aspect of the office and not so much everywhere else. Looking at the last electoral cycle he is an albartross on the neck of anyone who embraces him now. Viktor Bout was dead meat the day he was arrested and will never occupy arms trading again due to his reputation from the past Putin just wanted his drinking buddy back.
Drinking buddies have a way of not making wise decisions.

Correct and that is why you will see Putins Russia chased back into his homeland and if he decides to push against the surrounding states he will get his ass kicked. H eis a stone cold killer with very poor back up and that shouls concern all of us because when

Yeah, he is also completely separated from the truth. People are terrified to tell him anything other than what they think he wants to hear.

I am curious, if you feel the arms dealer is now a dud, did we get a fair trade? I am not trying to trap you with that question.

I always thought it was USA policy not to deal with terrorist. If he is not a terrorist, he at lest supplied arms to those who are. That is a real fine line.

I look at people like Bout in the same light as I view the drug cartels, they don't care about anyone but themselves they have no regard for human life and money is their motivating drive. Now that he has been caught and punished I don't think he will have the ability to do what he used to do because he is now a known bad guy. As far as was the deal for Griner a fair deal we got what we wanted and they got what they wanted. We did not have to agree to the terms but we did so that's that. We'll get Whelan back at some point we just have to find the right moves to make it happen.

Yes but he did get the other basketball players released handily and we didnt have to turn over any arms dealers to do so.
Different time. Look at the big picture. Russia probably asked us to stop being an "arms dealer" to Ukraine and got laughed out of the building. So they asked for this guy back. He'll probably go back to his old ways and be unalived at some point by a drone strike.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu