Hang on guys our guns are in the msm Bull Shit machine.....

MJB

Nov 20, 2012
San Diego
MSM is pushing the gun ban hard. The good thing people are realizing it hasn't worked yet so we got too try something different, mental health. Duh!

If we can keep this up we may get the world to look at mental health and not the tool......

I'm not a praying man but I'm telling ya!

Mental Health

Right now all the liberal news feeds are on the anti gun ban wagon. I wish there were an answer to all the mass killings, but I don't think there is, maybe if man is taken out of the equation, and by that I mean mankind. so, no, there is no simple answer., so liberals will continue to attack the 2nd amendment.

This link is to a teacher who has first hand experience on lost kids and there potential destruction.

Without trying to sound like a conspiracy theorist...But, why didn't anybody act on all the flags on this guy, including social media?...Why were there 3 portals left open at the school?...Why were the police told to stand down?...Where was school security?...Oh, and I am the only one that fines it strange that the NRA National Convention just happens to be in Houston this week?

Oh Steve that's just crazy talk you know like from the left....... Gray man all the way
So I hear $4,000 worth of gun/ammo purchase on his fast food salary maybe but but but

Reactions: NBK
IMHO what needs to be looked at is the system in which the 'shooters' developed.
When I was growing up if I screwed up I was held accountable. In the classroom it could mean anything from a rap on the knuckles, an ear jerked half off my head or a trip to the office for a swat , Then when I got home, the punishment would fit the crime.
At home if I talked back it was the back of a hand. Defiance was usually met with a belt.
I learned. A lot of us learned.
A time out in a corner, take away my cell, no car for a time, that could be done standing on my head.
What I'm trying to say is the agenda in place today where the person doing the wrong, what ever it is, is not the one at fault has been pushed to far in a liberal enviroment and those pushing the current policies are doing their best to blame anything but their own teachings.
My parents weren't mean, they used the tools they hand for the day and maybe a physical 'correction' is out of place today, I think not.
I was impressed with the understanding that this type of action will cause this type of immediate reaction. The times we are living today.....what reaction?
Joe Blow starts shooting people and if he's taken alive the media will dive into the rumors he was stressed by whatever. A not guilty plea and a expensive court trial. If a guilty plea is delivered free room an board, with the only pain suffered will be where he sits.
If he would have learned at an early age that those tantrums he was throwing, or anti social behavior being displayed was WRONG and reinforced it was wrong maybe he would have had the chance to see how positive behavior is a much better way to go.
What I'm trying to say is the person committing is where the blame need to be focused not the tool used to do it.
Time to step off the soap box..

Without trying to sound like a conspiracy theorist...But, why didn't anybody act on all the flags on this guy, including social media?...Why were there 3 portals left open at the school?...Why were the police told to stand down?...Where was school security?...Oh, and I am the only one that fines it strange that the NRA National Convention just happens to be in Houston this week?
It is my understanding the shooter's social media posting/clue occured shorty before and immediately after shooting grandma. I guess no time to follow up on?
It is beyond me the easy access to schools that is an old known issue.
School security? Most schools securities are not existent.
The cops don't want to get shot either so they wait for the special units.
And NRA convention is nothing more than lack of tact on their part. It would seem prudent to reschedule it...if indeed they give 2 shits about the tragedy but I don't think they do.

Last edited:
Mental issue are nothing new. There is no way to detect and treat individuals that might just go crazy at any moment. Think about the resources that would be needed for that.
The easy,access to certain types of firearms are IMO a big problem.
This is not about a guy with a pistol assaulting, robbing or shooting someone else. This is about large numbers of lives taken in such a short period of time.
The fear is that regulations might try to overtime chip away all gun rights. I get it, but there is got to be a way to keep freaks from doing so much harm.

How about start holding the parents liable for their failure to raise these kids. Mental health issues need to be addressed. Time to start holding social media responsible also
Yes! Parenting is the number one tool there is to guide young adults thru difficult times. But many people are just simply incapable to be good parents. Imagine if there was a parenting class within family planning for newly weds?
As helpful as the idea might be, people would complaint about government getting on their business...

Reactions: skeet
Im with you guys on laying the responsibility at the feet of the perpetrator. Obviously this kid had no Dad in the home teaching to be a man in the right Godly sense of the word. Seems like his Dad was pretty absent from his upbringing. Just look at the interview of the mothers current boyfriend to see the type of "men" role models he was probably exposed to. Mom was either unable to discipline her son appropriately or was overwhelmed by a boy growing into a man with no Dad to step on his party when needed. A little disappointed with Granpas lackadaisical attitude regarding correcting his grandsons behavior.
Hell, when my wifes nephew who is 10, now is in our home he has learned not to cross Uncle Kevin and to act right or there are consequences. And no Im not talking time outs ! He acts up more when Mom & Dad are present ??; but not too much cuz he's learned Uncle has no problem snatching him up right in front of his parents. Had his grandmother try to tell me I wasn't going to discipline her Grandson one night. Had to set her straight; she decided to take her ball and go home after that.
A lot of this kids so called friends saw his bad behavior and progression thereof. Sounds like one gave him a check; only to be threatened. How many of these kids told their parents or school administrators about this kids downward spiral ?
Feel bad for kids like this young man ! Kids like him act out to get the attention they are not getting the right way at home. I was a juvenile delinquent starting around 5th grade till mid Freshman year; fortunately I had a father who never backed down and made sure I knew I was loved, but that my behavior wasn't happening.
My heart breaks for the families of the children killed. Cant even imagine ! Been praying for those that survived; but saw the horror of evil ! Praying for the First Responders who had to step into something that no human should have to see.
Praying now for the LEO's who are being made out to be cowards or inept in their duties ! Too many Monday morning quarterbacks questioning their decisions; when most of those quarterbacks would shit their pants when push came to shove ! Was there too much time between arrival and final confrontation ? Supposedly two officers were already shot and injured. Did officers know there was only 1 shooter ? If there was more than 1 shooter things could have gone real bad if officers weren't cautious ! Me, I will never question LEO's thought processes in a time like this !
With all the talk from the pundits; the only good ideas that are floated around every time there is a mass shooting in a school are: 1. Every school needs a Policemen on site everyday, all day. Not a armed Security guard; I mean how many of you have seen some Guard and thought "I sure hope my life isn't in this guys hands !!" 2. Every Administrator and Teacher should be trained and retrained periodically in firearms training. The pundits say " You can't expect school staff to handle firearms; most of them have not shot a gun and wouldn't know how to react in a active shooter situation !" They're right ! Hence the training by LEO's who know how to shoot and react to shooters, and the retraining on a periodic basis. Sadly this is the world we live in that makes this necessary.
Enough for now !! LOL !!

"And NRA convention is nothing more than lack of tact on their part. It would seem prudent to reschedule it...if indeed they give 2 shits about the tragedy but I don't think they do".

Lack of tact?...This tragedy happened 3 days before the convention...So, just cancel?...Without the NRA, we would have no guns in this country and basically, be at the will of government...I think our forefathers pretty much knew this by having the 2nd amendment...The NRA is just the legal wing to protect it.

"Give 2 shits?"...I'm a NRA member and I give 2 shits!...And do you think for one second that any 2nd amendment supporter or NRA member doesn't care?...That's a BULL SHIT statement!

FJB and f*ck the "Don't let a good tragedy go to waste" democrat party.... :mad:

"And NRA convention is nothing more than lack of tact on their part. It would seem prudent to reschedule it...if indeed they give 2 shits about the tragedy but I don't think they do".

Lack of tact?...This tragedy happened 3 days before the convention...So, just cancel?...Without the NRA, we would have no guns in this country and basically, be at the will of government...I think our forefathers pretty much knew this by having the 2nd amendment...The NRA is just the legal wing to protect it.

"Give 2 shits?"...I'm a NRA member and I give 2 shits!...And do you think for one second that any 2nd amendment supporter or NRA member doesn't care?...That's a BULL SHIT statement!

FJB and f*ck the "Don't let a good tragedy go to waste" democrat party.... :mad:
If you choose to take this personal is on you. The NRA might serve as a front to protect guns in America but it sure doesn't represent the views of all gun owners in the US.
I don't see how is it unreasonable to believe the NRA could have rescheduled the event. The manufacturer of the gun was used I've heard decided not to participate in the event at this time (make sense).
The Democratic party has nothing to do with the reason this killing happened.. but they sucks and so does the new,republican party..to me they are both a disgrace.
As far as I'm concerned the outrage should be about how in the name of God a parent has to fear dropping his kid to school in the supposedly greatest country in the world in the 20 century.

Last edited:
I take this personal sorry you don't.
I want to be able to protect myself if the need arises whether it's an AR a pistol a shotgun a bow a muzzleloader.

You really should read the thread I posted from CG, that's from a teacher whom showed interest in a troubled kid and most likely stopped the kid from a copy cat shooting spree.

Mental Health is the key in all of the shootings not the weapon.
Stop reading FB they don't have your best interest in mind

When I was in high school, back in the 60's, you could open almost any hunting magazine and find full page ads selling all types of
World War 2 and Korean War surplus. There were lots of fully functional weapons, such as M1 carbines, 1911 .45 pistols, and tons of ammo, all dirt cheap. All you needed to do was send in the order form, mark a little box stating that you were of legal age, and enclose a check to cover the purchase price and the shipping. No background check or any proof of age, residency status---nothing at all. I bought my first rifle that way, a 1917 Enfield in 30-06. I was 14. My two hunting buddies bought M1 carbines, 30 round banana magazines, and an entire crate of ammo. Another buddy of mine bought a .45 pistol and a crate of ammo. Lots of other outdoors-types at my school bought all sorts of firearms the same way. I then bought my first 22 rifle, a Remington 514, by walking into Montgomery Wards and laying about 20 bucks on the counter. I could have purchased an M1 carbine but it was out of my price range. No waiting period, no background check of any kind, no questions asked. I was still 14.

That was in the Imperial Valley and those of us who drove cars to school and parked in the school parking lot routinely had shotguns and ammo in the trunk during bird season and rifles or handguns to go plinking with after school. Firearms were everywhere and almost all the guys I hung out with owned multiple firearms and were pretty good shots.

So, considering the widespread ownership of sporting firearms among teens and the "no questions asked" availability of assault weapons originally designed solely for the purpose of killing people, how many school shootings were there back then?

Virtually none. And for those who think that an AR15 or a Glock is any more deadly than an M1 carbine or a 1911 .45 at close range, think again.

It's not that the weapons have changed, it's that we---as a society---have changed, and not for the better.

Will banning assault rifles solve the problem? Kids are smart, even ones who are mentally ill. They'll transition to pistols or the really smart ones will do a bit of research and figure out that a short barrel semi-auto shotgun filled with #4 buckshot can fire about 200 lethal projectiles in less than 5 seconds and it will fit nicely into a school backpack.

Wish I had a solution to this problem, but after a lifetime as a professional educator, I don't have a clue how we are going to stop school shootings, and neither do the politicians and neither does the media.

Single parent households, mental illness, social media bullying, widespread use of drugs, violent video games, guaranteed national fame if you kill enough students, dramatic increase in teen suicide---eliminate all of those and the school shootings will probably stop or at least be reduced significantly. But that will require the complete restructuring of our society and culture from top to bottom and that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

[This is a long post, reminiscent of G..., I mean Larry. I also have some good recipes for coyote tartare and skunk fondue.]

Last edited:
I'm reading that Ramos made a threat at age 14 that he was going to shoot up a high school at 18. The signs were there, this kid and others like him who are disturbed should be sent to special high schools which are staffed by professionals who can get inside these kid's heads and try and correct them before adulthood if possible. Allowing them into schools with normal kids just compounds the issue because the other kids recognized the kid as strange and troubled and pick on them which increases the resentment and anger in these kids.

It's complicated because only the kid and family are at accountable and at fault for the crime, not the gun, gun shop, not the school and not society. More eyes on troubled kids are definitely required, the so called experts need to find the common denominators in these whack job kids and address the kids and the families early on, otherwise these mass shootings will continue.
Btw, I recognize that troubled homes and single parent and or no role model most often play a big role in addition to drugs and possible chemical imbalances in brains. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: MJB
The whole "not having a positive male role model in his life" or single parent argument is a cop out I feel as well. I was raised by a single mother and my dad was basically absent since I was 5yrs old..My mom taught me that there are consequences to our actions good or bad. You can't blame anyone but the piece of crap who committed the heinous acts. He got what he deserved but I definitely question how long it took to get in there and stop him. He also got what he wanted..his face on every screen out there. They need to focus on the familes affected and not on the one who affected them. I have a 10 yr old daughter and can't imagine losing her to something like this..tragic to say the least..

Here is my last 2 cents.
There is no problem with the actual guns. God knows we need them to protect ourselves in todays society.
I want to protect my family, my home and my property from criminals...that is it. Foreign invasion, and government tyranny I'm not worried about...If you are, be it.

Political discourse, social media, and all other issues that come along with a modern USA are part of the problem. Hating the other side, whising execution on public servant who let you down, wanting to show your guns to someone who offends you or disagrees with your views under the excuse that this is America is a f#$d up mentality. Yet, all that crap gets celebrated...you see it in political campaigns, on youtube and such every day...so let's not pretend we as a modern society are not partly responsible for the anger, frustration and violent feelings that exist.

No one can control who might be the next Ramos. What could possibly be done about it? ...what,are you going to do? Spend millions in survailing peoples, statements online? at a party? In school?
What can you do about a minor who says they,want to harm others? Put him in teraphy? For how long? Who is going to monitor him and counsul him? Do you have any idea what,social services professionals get paid in the US?

KIds and young adults alike..nowdays have learned that the right to say whatever they want with completely disregard of who they offend exist...is called freedom of expression and I'm not talking about kids saying they want hurt others because that is actually illegal. But they can bully and offend others at will.

I take personal that someone somewhere is waiting for the right moment to blast a bunch of rounds on innocent people. The gun controversy I don't because I understand the pain of loosing someone close.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu